Options

Germany

jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
edited September 10, 2007 in Journeys
My first day in Germany consisted of taking the train to Rudesheim to walk and stay awake. Veterans of the trip said if you don't stay up all day, you will never get your days and nights turned around enough to work.
139615890-M.jpg
Maybe I was tired, maybe it was airplane vertigo, but I hadn't been in Germany more than 4 hours and a few pictures before I fell face forward in the street bruising my knees, pulling a muscle in my arm, and damaging the D70 hanging around my neck. 4 nice Korean men pulled me up out of the street and after an exchange of "okay?" , "thank-you", "okay?", 'thank-you" we were on our way again, slowly.

In Cologne, I layed down in the plaza in order to get the entire dom in this picture (with my malfunctioning camera)
139628050-M.jpg
where I met these two guys who at first thought I needed assistance and then were tickeled that I was taking a picture.
139625915-M.jpg

My second trip went much better and by that I mean I did not fall! Two vacation days yeilded lots of pictures that I liked, too many to list here.
This one is after a brief rain:
171309590-L.jpg
and a view of Heidelberg
171307932-M.jpg
I used my gorrillapod to get this picture of Wiesbaden
171307833-M.jpg
and who can forget the world's largest cko cko clock ( I just realized I don't know how to spell it)
168192760-M.jpg

I love the half-timber houses, this one in downtown Mainz
166275603-M.jpg

and my first time seeing a castle was priceless.
166273849-M.jpg

I loved riding the train
166273325-M.jpg

and the views
166273115-M.jpg

166275232-M.jpg
Jaye

Comments

• Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    Great shots! thumb.gif
    Welcome to DG!!

Love to visit there someday....being that I'm 3/4 German. :D
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    I don't know if it was your intent, but I found your travelogue very funny. Im sorry to hear that you hurt yourself but it makes for a good story.

I love Germany and it was the last place I expected to love so much when I was there for a brief hop last year (I am German by marriage :D). Just seeing your photos makes me miss the people and the scenery. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    I don't know if it was your intent, but I found your travelogue very funny. Im sorry to hear that you hurt yourself but it makes for a good story.

I love Germany and it was the last place I expected to love so much when I was there for a brief hop last year (I am German by marriage :D). Just seeing your photos makes me miss the people and the scenery. Thanks for sharing!

It was pretty funny, except for the hurting part. I decided that the camera kept me from busting the teeth out of my face and probably much cheaper to replace! I have become quite fond of Germany, even though honestly I only went because I had to for work. Some of my ancestors are German however I don't know much about them because they came to the states before there was paperwork. They must have kept handing down recipies because the "authentic bavarian meal" I had was quite similiar to dinner at my grandmother's house. Glad you enjoyed. I just saw that Andy has some great pictures of Germany on here somewhere. I am new to here so I don't know where I saw them.

Thanks !
    Jaye
  • Options
    SnarcherSnarcher Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2007
    I iloveyou.gif Jaye
  • Options
    MYSTICAMYSTICA Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    I visited the beautiful Bayern a lot of years ago but it is always a pleasure remember my travel by pictures of either persons!
    nice shots!