Options

Dev, I really need your help...

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
OK, don't everyone yell at me all at once... I know there is a thread for this topic, but my problem is getting missed/ ignored because it's not a cut and paste issue... here's the post link...

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=633534&postcount=2194
and the text from said post

here's the page
http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/1595381
I added the slide show awhile back and the pics were all fitting inside the box. But it seems that now they aren't. Can this get fixed? It seems that the Hack is broken... I can not let the box resize...

Any idea on this one
photoHeight = "271"; //actual photo height
photoWidth = "402"; //actual photo width 
is not doing it's job...:dunno

I know this is not a cut and paste issue... but I have not changed any of my code and now things look like crappola...
I need some real help from the JS experts...

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 11, 2007
    Anthony,

can please provide me with a screenshot of what you are seeing, so that I know I am looking at the right thing.

Could you please also provide some image ids of the images that aren't displaying correctly...and i will check it out.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Just FYI, in the homepage slideshow I've noticed that the black border width varied, but never thought anything of it. The gear slideshow has all the pics cropped to the same size, so I see no b0rkage, even though the height and width adjustments are doing nothing. The show on the page pictured below is showing the obvious effect as the pics are not sizing down to the set dimensions and thus are getting cut off... As stated, this was not an issue when I set it all up... I jst noticed over the weekend that ir was messed up...

Here's a screen shot of the page...
    194385742-M.jpg

Here's the gallery all the pics are being pulled from
    http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/gallery/1760778

and the specific image in the screen shot
    http://www.brandolinoimaging.com/photos/188315939-M-4.jpg

finally, I know you can get into my customization code... try adjusting the image dimensions for any of the 3 slideshows (code is in the footer section)... I did, and I'm not seeing that the height nor width numbers are effecting the image size in the SS. I tried changing the values to height and width of 35 and 35 to see the effect, and I got no change in image size...
    Help!!!!
    Thanks
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    Firstly, the slideshow isn't doing anything wrong. When you specify the photoHeight and photoWidth parameters, the largest custom image with the correct aspect ratio is returned.

So, what does that mean...

for image 188315939, we request an image with dimesions 271x402...but since it has to preserve the aspect ratio, the returned image is actually 271x350.

Does that make sense ?

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    devbobo wrote:
    Firstly, the slideshow isn't doing anything wrong. When you specify the photoHeight and photoWidth parameters, the largest custom image with the correct aspect ratio is returned.

So, what does that mean...

for image 188315939, we request an image with dimesions 271x402...but since it has to preserve the aspect ratio, the returned image is actually 271x350.

Does that make sense ?

Cheers,

David
    that makes sense... so why the images not fitting now, when they did originally? And I assure you they did or I would have benn asking for help months ago when I set this up...