Options

My First try at a Bridal Portrait

JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
edited September 12, 2007 in Weddings
OK, not really a bride, it is my 2 y.o. daughter Leah. She is in my wife's wedding dress. My wife's idea is to take a picture of Leah every on her birthday in her wedding dress. I guess one day it will be for real....Thanks for looking...comments welcome.

1. Mama getting Leah dressed
191318810-L.jpg

2. She seems to like it
191311689-L.jpg

3. The full length shot.
191320522-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    What a precious idea!!! She's so lovely! in #3, she looks like a porcelain doll!! SOO sweet!
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    So cute...one day it will be her reality.
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    These are adorable and what a great idea! Some day when you take this shot I can imagine your going to get a very panicky feeling in your gut!!!! Or maybe just some tears in your eyes.....they grow up so fast. :D
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    What a cutie!! That dress looks a little too big and little too early!!! rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    I love this idea - how adorable! And, as has been mentioned, in too few years you are in for a shock!

Beautiful little girl, great shots! what a cool idea.

ann
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    This is a way cool idea - so much better than a TTD session. This will be something that mother and daughter can look back on and really enjoy!
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    Your post reminded me of an exhibit I saw a year or so ago -- that included a series of once-a-year photos of a girl in the same family nightgown. The artist's name is Nina Katchadourian, and the photo series she put together is called The Nightgown Pictures:
    http://www.ninakatchadourian.com/misc/nightgown.php

The link only shows a few -- the actual series goes from toddler to teen (the last one, holding the nightgown in front of her, because it no longer fits). Readiing the description on her website, it was apparently Nina's grandmother that took the original photos of Nina's mother. Nina is, what do you call it, maybe a post-modern multi-media performance artist??

Anyway, I really enjoyed Nina's photo series, and hopefully your daughter will cooperate for a few years so yours develops into something of a tradition...

I have first day of school snapshots of my son for 12 or 13 years, and simple as that is, they make for a fun series.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    Madam Alexander
    Stick a wig on her and #3 is a Madam Alexander Doll. You gotta find one of those for your daughter. Very nice photography. Maybe a little vignette and desaturization will give you a nice antique look.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    I LOVE this idea! What great photos, and memories!!!!