Options

Air Force Memorial

Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited September 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Perhaps you can see a theme developing here. I have been doing a lot of night time shots lately in and around Washington, D.C. These are a few from the U.S. Air Force Memorial in Arlington, Virginia.

Night%20010.jpg

Night%20012.jpg

Night%20005.jpg

And this one is a view of the South Wall of the Pentagon, draped with a U.S. Flag to commemorate the 6th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, one of which happened on that very spot.

Night%20002.jpg

Comments

• Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2007
    Nice shots! I'm an AF vet, and I love the new monument. Washington is a great city to shoot at night - it's been a couple of years since I've been down that way, hope to get back again soon.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2007
    Thanks so much. It's great to hear that a vet appreciated seeing these shots. And, yes, DC does provide a lot of super night time shooting opportunities. If you would care to see any more of my night time shots from around DC, you can check out my gallery here.

Thanks again for your comment.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    Perhaps you can see a theme developing here. I have been doing a lot of night time shots lately in and around Washington, D.C. These are a few from the U.S. Air Force Memorial in Arlington, Virginia.

And this one is a view of the South Wall of the Pentagon, draped with a U.S. Flag to commemorate the 6th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, one of which happened on that very spot.

I enjoy your night shots Pixel Popper :D
    Number #3 is my favourite in this lot.

I hope I get to do some night shots while I'm in USA soon too.
    Thanks for the inspiration Pixel Popper thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2007
    Thanks, Skippy :D

What part of the country are you planning to visit? I'll be looking forward to any shots from that trip you might care to post.

-Howard