Options

Monterey Bay and Point Lobos

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited September 13, 2007 in Journeys
I recently took a business trip to Monterey, I end up there about once every two years or so. We were able to get in before noon local time and take the two new folks on a driving tour of the area.

We headed up the 17 mile dirve toward Carmel where I was able to snag a few decent images.

This little guy posed for me, I paid with bread, he liked the arrangment.

190035077-M.jpg

So did this one.
190037416-M.jpg

Of course most of my attention went to the ocean.

190039171-M.jpg

It was the wrong time of day to be taking these types of shots but I knew I would not have time to come back later, after all it was a business trip not a photo trip.

190040751-M.jpg

After we finished the 17 mile drive we went over to Point Lobos, where the water color was beautiful and the sky as well. Of course it was getting later in the day too.

190034498-M.jpg

I love being at Point Lobos, so many great shots waiting to be found.

190036141-M.jpg

This is one just grabbed me when I was exploring the beach area with a friend.
190038328-M.jpg

I was laughed at when I announced I was taking my telephoto, a sigma 50-500 but not after they saw the images I brought back. I've only had my 50-500 for a short time but I love it. The image below was taken using that lens. I forgot to throw my monopod in the car when we left the hotel so I ended up hand holding the monster, no easy feat but the shots came out ok.

190038743-M.jpg

This one I almost missed, I caught it out of the cornor of my eye. I'm not sure why I like it so much. I think it might be the feeling of size it conveys.

190040471-M.jpg

190040632-M.jpg

The next morning I had trouble sleeping, so just before sunrise I slipped out of the hotel and went down to Monterey Bay. This was my real first attempt at low light and sunrise shots. Overall I am happy but I see were I need lots of improvment.

190041862-M.jpg

In the next two I was enjoying the stillness of the morning and noticed the reflections in the water.

190042494-M.jpg
190043090-M.jpg

The bay was still quiet and I could have stayed until late in the day but I had to head back. One the way up the walk I noticed the birds on their morning rounds.

190043452-M.jpg

Alas I was not able to spend any more time on the bay that mornign, I had work to do. Maybe next time! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them.

"Make it don't take it!"

Jason

Comments

• Options
    MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2007
    I think I met that same squirrel! Isn't that an amazing area to photograph? I certainly can see why all those rich people live there. Thanks for sharing your shots.
  • Options
    MYSTICAMYSTICA Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2007
    simply amazing!
    I visited Point Lobos and the panoramic road in 2002!!
    thanks for sharing!
    If you have other pics I am glad to watch!
  • Options
    CheriegCherieg Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    great photos of a place I have visited often.
  • Options
    photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    more photos
    MYSTICA wrote:
    simply amazing!
    I visited Point Lobos and the panoramic road in 2002!!
    thanks for sharing!
    If you have other pics I am glad to watch!

I have a lot more thoes are just some of my favs, the rest are posted on my site. www.photoj.biz
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason