Options

FS: Flash - Metz 58 AF-1 (CONUS)

canoflancanoflan Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited September 14, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
SOLD

$345, includes shipping. Buyer pays paypal fee of 3%. Shipping to CONUS only. Included with the flash is the original carrying case, plastic flash mount that can be mounted to an umbrella bracket, or tripod, and the original manual. Batteries not included.

If interested and need a hot shoe adapter, I will throw in a Hama flash hotshoe adapter: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...arch&Q=*&bhs=t
This adapter is only a few weeks old for $12 extra. This will include the PC cord and adapter from the original package.

Total package with shipping would be $357.

I have 3 flashes and do not need 3, so I am offloading one. I have been very pleased with this flash and hate to let it go. I have used it for probably between 100-150 flashes and have owned it for around 4 months now. I have tested this flash next to the 580EX Mark I (not the Mark II) and believe it has a bit more reach in power on manual 1/1 than the 580EX, so it will perform at least as well as a 580EX Mark II in terms of power output.

This is the Canon dedicated flash, therefore, works with all ETTLII capabilities of genuine Canon flashes.

Additionally, this flash has the most recent firmware download, so it is fully usable off-camera with pocket wizards. The original distribution of this flash didn't have this capability so buying from a current dealer you probably won't get a flash that will work off camera. Even Metz's website still doesn't have the firmware allowable for download and is only available from other users as myself that received it directly from Metz.

Therefore, you will have one of the few Metz 58 models that is fully functional same as the Canon 580 and other Canon flashes.

The secondary reflector on this flash is remarkable and a great element that most other flash manufacturers do not have.

Here is a good writeup on this flash:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=268574
At that time of the review, the firmware still hadn't been updated, therefore, his review will show that the originally sold flashes didn't have off camera triggering ability with pocket wizards.

Please PM or email if interested.

Comments

• Options
    canoflancanoflan Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    Price reduced
    Price reduced to $335. all other selling conditions unchanged.