Options

Heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppp!

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited February 21, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Going to pull my hair out shortly if I can't figure this out. Trying to upload images to my account since last night. Only able to do one or two at a time, then I get the boot. The files are of a Flyball Tournament that I shot this weekend and some of the people were expecting to see them tonight.

The pictures are here and I have quite a few more to upload.

http://imax.smugmug.com/gallery/404924

At the rate of one or two every 90 minutes I should finish these by Christmas.

This has never happened before with any of the files that I have uploaded. Any suggestions?

Joe

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Going to pull my hair out shortly if I can't figure this out. Trying to upload images to my account since last night. Only able to do one or two at a time, then I get the boot. The files are of a Flyball Tournament that I shot this weekend and some of the people were expecting to see them tonight.

This has never happened before with any of the files that I have uploaded. Any suggestions?

Joe

1. send this request to help@smugmug.com also
    2. provide more details! (browser type/version, mac? pc? internet connection type, method of uploading?

i'm sure you'll get help.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    imax wrote:

Joe
    I'm sure someone who really knows will be along any time Joe.. how do you save your shots.. photoshop? I've started saving mine at level 10 instead of Max and I don't think it makes any difference and it may speed up loading.. or not.. hang in there.. I'll call for help..:uhoh
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    1. send this request to help@smugmug.com also
    2. provide more details! (browser type/version, mac? pc? internet connection type, method of uploading?

i'm sure you'll get help.
    Thanks Andy,

Browser IE PC Running Windows ME (I know, I Know it sucks, I'm waiting on the memory upgrade to switch to XP) DSL Connection Method of uploading. I've tried them all on the upload page. The latest thing that happens is I get the page cannot be displayed error.

That Axe I saw at The Renaissance Festival today sure would come in handy right about now........
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Thanks Andy,

Browser IE PC Running Windows ME (I know, I Know it sucks, I'm waiting on the memory upgrade to switch to XP) DSL Connection Method of uploading. I've tried them all on the upload page. The latest thing that happens is I get the page cannot be displayed error.

That Axe I saw at The Renaissance Festival today sure would come in handy right about now........

and you are sure you are not trying to load any files bigger than 8mb, nor more than 100mb at a time?

try clearing your cache, shutting down everything, computer, dsl, etc. and restarting.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    andy wrote:
    and you are sure you are not trying to load any files bigger than 8mb, nor more than 100mb at a time?

try clearing your cache, shutting down everything, computer, dsl, etc. and restarting.
    Just trying to upload the images that come right out of the camera 20D. As you can see some upload, some don't, and other times I just get booted out. I'll try shutting everything down and see what happens.

Thanks
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    1. Reboot.
    2. Reboot again.
    3. Still have a problem? email help@smugmug.com
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2005
    fish wrote:
    1. Reboot.
    2. Reboot again.
    3. Still have a problem? email help@smugmug.com
    clap.gif1drink.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif

Success! Thanks Andy, Thanks Fish, Thanks Lynn. Back in business.....
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2005
    Spoke To Soon
    imax wrote:
    clap.gif1drink.gifclap.gifclap.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif

Success! Thanks Andy, Thanks Fish, Thanks Lynn. Back in business.....
    Spoke Too Soon!

Crashed and burned the main computer last night. Will spend the next few days digging through the rubble. I am blessed to have been able to recover some of the work I did this weekend. Thanks again for the help guys.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    imax wrote:
    Spoke Too Soon!

Crashed and burned the main computer last night. Will spend the next few days digging through the rubble. I am blessed to have been able to recover some of the work I did this weekend. Thanks again for the help guys.

4. www.apple.com/store
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson