Options

thinking of upgrading. questions

zaldumzaldum Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited September 19, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi, i´m considering upgrading to a pro account but i have some questions.

It would be mainly for selling digital downloads and getting my own domain.

Does smugmug aply any fees for downloads? They take a percent of the price u set?? or how does it works.. please tell me if the photographer gets 100% of the price u set or what % is it.

I´ve found the way prints are paid, but nothing about digital downloads.

Also, can un aply your own domain to a gallery that is not your smug´s home page?? so a visitor would start in a normal gallery?

thx

Comments

• Options
    photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    zaldum wrote:
    Hi, i´m considering upgrading to a pro account but i have some questions.

It would be mainly for selling digital downloads and getting my own domain.

Does smugmug aply any fees for downloads? They take a percent of the price u set?? or how does it works.. please tell me if the photographer gets 100% of the price u set or what % is it.

I´ve found the way prints are paid, but nothing about digital downloads.

Also, can un aply your own domain to a gallery that is not your smug´s home page?? so a visitor would start in a normal gallery?

thx

Smugmug do not charge for digital downloads... they are very nice people like that!!

You could register a domain name elsewhere and have it forwarded to a gallery of your choice, but if you register it in your control panel I believe it will only take you to your smugmug home page. Either way, you still have to register the domain name else-where.

Good luck...

Michael
    Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
    http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site
  • Options
    ElysiumElysium Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    photobanks wrote:
    Smugmug do not charge for digital downloads... they are very nice people like that!!

Michael

Uh Smugmug definitely takes a cut from digital downloads. I had my originals set to $25, and I only get $21.25 from that.
  • Options
    zaldumzaldum Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    photobanks, i already have a domain redirected to my smug site, but i think u need a pro account to make your domain stay.
    The thing is, if i upgrade, could i make my domain aply to a category and not my home page??

Lets see if someone at smug knows if its possible.

Elysium, where does that 4$ go? is it for sending the check or something?
  • Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    zaldum wrote:
    photobanks, i already have a domain redirected to my smug site, but i think u need a pro account to make your domain stay.
    The thing is, if i upgrade, could i make my domain aply to a category and not my home page??
    I don't believe this is possible.
    It's identical to the prints. Smugmug gets 15% of the profit on whatever item you are selling. $25-15%($3.75) = $21.25
    So you decide how much you would like to make from the sale and add 15% to it.

Andrew
  • Options
    photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    zaldum wrote:

Lets see if someone at smug knows if its possible.

No, your domain can only take you to your home page unless you redirect an external domain to a certain gallery (not registered through smugmug).

With regards to the downloads, I have not sold any downloads, I was going by the info I saw in the pricing page. It has $0.00 so I presumed that smugmug did not take anything... my mistake!!

Michael
    Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
    http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site