Options

FS: DA Bigma - EOS MOUNT

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited September 19, 2007 in House of Canon
Morning Folks,
I am once again attempting to sell my non DG Bigma :D. Not sure why people are afraid of this beast, as it is tame. Heavy but tame none the less. Several potential buyers have all backed out. I have taken a few pics this morning on one of my work sites, both wide open and stopped down. No pp has been applied to any of the pictures. I will be more then happy to e-mail them to anyone as they are too large to post. I have pics of the lens as well. Glass is clean, 1 or 2 specs of dust inside, barrel & petal hood are in very good condition. The tripod does have some missing paint around the foot & collar. Also comes with 2 caps and the case & extra strap. $625 delivered in the CON US, money order only.
As usual, thanks for looking and have a good day :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    You know you're killing me here. :uhoh I'm not ready to commit yet (need to try out a few options, of which the Bigma is one--and need the cash for it).
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    You know you're killing me here. :uhoh I'm not ready to commit yet (need to try out a few options, of which the Bigma is one--and need the cash for it).

Take your time my friend. I think she'll be here for a while. It's a good lens, but heavy at slightly over 4 lbs. If you use a monopod then it's no big deal. Let me know if you want to see the unprocessed pics. They are not bad.
    Thanks for looking and have a good day :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    BubbleBubble Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Morning Folks,
    I am once again attempting to sell my non DG Bigma :D. Not sure why people are afraid of this beast, as it is tame. :D
    Jim...

1. Weight.
    2. Picture Quality. It is good for dollar value only.
    3. Not DG
    4. Low resell value.

:D
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    Bubble wrote:
    1. Weight.
    3. Not DG
    4. Low resell value.

Hey Bubble,
    This is the Flea Market, not the gear discussion forum. If you are not interested in this lens, no need to voice your opinions, especially negative, unless asked for.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Bubble wrote:
    1. Weight.
    3. Not DG
    4. Low resell value.

Good Morning Bubble,
    Let's address your concerns 1 atta time thumb.gif

1) Yes it's a heavy lens, but most all super zooms are. However, some people use this as a walk around lens. Granted, they played pro football or were former power lifters, but some DO use this as a walk around lens. Just depends on your needs.
    2) Picture quality is not bad for a 10x. Having had 2 copies of the Canon 35-350 L lens, I would say my copy of the 50-500 was better in terms of sharpness and contrast, stopped down slightly. As for the Canon 100-400mm lens, the Bigma :D is right up there as well when stopped down. Granted, the Canon has IS, but the Sigma starts at 50 and stops at 500. Quite a big difference in focal length I believe, and shooting at iso 400 on a sunny day gives sharp handheld shots at the longer focal lengths. It's also about $400 less then a used Canon.
    3) DG is a coating applied to the elements that helps to reduce ghosting and flare. It's still the same lens design, elements and groups as a non dg lens.
    4) That's right. It is a low resale lens. If I can save you 30 or 40% over the cost of a new one, why would anyone want to pay more for it ?
    I bought it used this past January and realized after a few days that I would not use it as intended (birding and wild life) and it sat on a shelf for 2 months. Only recently did I attach it to my XT and start shooting just for fun. That's when I found out I have a deteriorating shoulder muscle. I could use a monopod, but other interests in Photography now have my attention and thus, this lens is ignored. Hope that answers your questions my friend.
    Thanks for looking and have a good day :D
    Jim...

PS: Thanks Doc thumb.gif
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    I've deleted the last 4 posts. If you would all please revisit the guidelines, I don't want to make the same kind of rules like other buy/sell forums, where all replying is forbidden. Discussion is good, but let's keep the rubbish to a minimum.

Bubble, you've had your snarky comment, J, you gave your response. Let's call it done, shall we? Back to the sale and only details pertinent to it. Please take your opinions somewhere else.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]