Options

Help with this photo?

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited September 21, 2007 in Finishing School
I've got a photo that I just can't get right no matter what I try. I'm by no means a post-processing master. I don't have photoshop but do have Gimp (like photoshop, sort of) and Nikon Capture NX (very nice, but not good for cloning, etc). I've got a photo that includes part of a tractor in a field. I'd like to submit it as stock, but there's one section of the front tire that I can't process without it looking like it was obviously manipulated. What I'm trying to accmplish is removing the brand name of the tire and one other bit of text on the same tire. As you may know, you can't submit stock images that have brand names visible.

So....I'm calling out the photoshop gurus here. If anyone is bored and wants to do me a huge favor by trying to remove this text/brand name for me in the photo, I'd greatly appreciate it! I feel a little odd asking for this sort of thing since I AM trying to submit it as stock and sell it, but I really hate to just trash the image and not use it. I really like it. For all I know, it won't be accepted as stock anyway (that's up to the agency), but I'd like to try though. If I had the knowledge and the correct software, I'd gladly spend time doing it myself. As it stands now, I've already wasted about 2 hours or so trying to figure out a way to do it but whatever I try ends up looking obvious and unnatural.

Here's a crop of the photo and what I'm trying to remove. The lower part is ok, I can do that one pretty well...it's the top part with the raised letters on the tire and the varying light/texture that's killing me. I think the file size is a little over 5MB...so if you're willing and able to accept an email with a file that size, I'd gladly send a copy over to you to play with. Thanks in advance to anyone that wants to give this a shot! And if no one wants to fool with it since I'm trying to sell this one, I totally understand that too. I thought I'd ask first - before I give up on this photo.

195955031-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 19, 2007
    61 views and no replies - I'll take that as a big fat no. mwink.gif

I'll do the best I can with it and see if they accept it :)
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    kygarden wrote:
    61 views and no replies - I'll take that as a big fat no. mwink.gif

I'll do the best I can with it and see if they accept it :)

You've not made it that easy for people to spontaneously play with it to see what they could do, which I think is how most people get involved in something like this. If I can't just get the file on my own and play (but instead have to email you and wait for a response), I'm unlikely to play and see what I can do. If I can just go get a high res copy and play, I'm more likely to see what I can do.

I can't speak for others, but that's why I didn't play. Also, I often can't get large attachments in email so I tend to not even solicit that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Oh....well in that case, here's a link to the full res photo - it's actually about 4.75 MB.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/197883089-O.jpg

I just assumed people would take a quick look and say whether or not it was something easy they could do in about 20 minutes or so. I wouldn't expect people to spend lots of time on it.

Thanks
  • Options
    edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    Like this?

tire.jpg
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
  • Options
    edited September 20, 2007
    Yes, that looks pretty good :D
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2007
    Got a full size copy of that? :)
  • Options
    edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    kygarden wrote:
    Got a full size copy of that? :)
    Actually, that is full size. Albeit cropped. I'll send you a tif if you give me your email.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski
  • Options