Options

Flash help for a mighty wee camera

johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
edited February 22, 2005 in Cameras
I have a fuji S5000... Nice camera... My problem is the fixed flash... How can i soften the flash or increase the flash strength? I am tired of a pointed hard flash... I want to bounce my flash. I needs some options, tips and tricks to make my flash photography more exciting. Help.
peace.
johno~
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
johno's gallery

Comments

• Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    OK, no reply for this question... I guess I will have to buy another camera. hope my wife agrees.rolleyes1.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Sorry johno, the S5000 does not support an external flash, so there really isn't much you can do. I also do not believe it supports flash EC, so you can't strengthen or weaken the flash. You can, however, put a kleenex tissue over the flash to diffuse it. Sounds and looks funny, but it works.

fish
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Another thing you can do is pick up an inexpensive slave flash, and use that for indirect or bounce lighting. You can also tape a black slide over the camera's flash, which will allow the slave sensor to trigger while eliminating light from the direct flash.

amc
    http://amc.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    Thanks guys. I will get on this and try it out.

peace.
    johno~
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery