AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 14, 2004 in Finishing School
show us your photoshopped best!
1280577-M-1.jpg

Comments

• John MacdonaldJohn Macdonald Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2004
    Can't wait to see what happens in here.
    I have soooo much to learn about photoshop and processing.
    I'm all ears from here...
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 9, 2004
    I downloaded the free 30-day trial of Photoshop cs and holy cow it's sweet. The only thing is at least the demo version doesn't come with sRGB as the default color space, so you do your adjustments and stick your pics on the web and they look different. :eh:
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    I downloaded the free 30-day trial of Photoshop cs and holy cow it's sweet. The only thing is at least the demo version doesn't come with sRGB as the default color space, so you do your adjustments and stick your pics on the web and they look different. :eh:

If you want to work in sRGB you should be able to set it as the default in preference/properties. It is a much smaller color space that Adobe 1998 and is not as good for editing. You could always edit in 98 and convert to sRGB.
  • MarcMarc Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    More than that - the file browser is awesome, native 10D raw file manipulation, and a buncha other stuff you need. So Baldy, what are you waiting for???

Marc
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited January 11, 2004
    Marc wrote:
    More than that - the file browser is awesome, native 10D raw file manipulation, and a buncha other stuff you need. So Baldy, what are you waiting for???

Marc
    I have to go to Fry's :):
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2004
    $620 for the full version. I think I'll stick with Elements.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 11, 2004
    fish wrote:
    $620 for the full version. I think I'll stick with Elements.

I found this thread on another forum where the users found a $300.00 upgrade offer for Elements 2.0 users and (technically a Microtek scanner, but they made just an elements serial number work). Just passing along what I saw. I have not used and do not know the users that posted it but it did have a link back to Adobe, so buyer beware, but it did look like a good deal.
  • RaindogRaindog Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited January 13, 2004
    greetings all. I'm excited about this site! here's a little photo shopped pic of my godson at the aquarium..two images layered..colors tweaked. Actually did it in imageready. OK can't find a browse button to post pic..how do I post a pic..i'm sorry I am not worthy.
    edited January 13, 2004
    Raindog wrote:
    greetings all. I'm excited about this site! here's a little photo shopped pic of my godson at the aquarium..two images layered..colors tweaked. Actually did it in imageready. OK can't find a browse button to post pic..how do I post a pic..i'm sorry I am not worthy.

You have to use the "manage attachments" button. It should make sense after that. Here the jpg limit is 97KB.
    edited January 13, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    You have to use the "manage attachments" button. It should make sense after that. Here the jpg limit is 97KB.

What's up with that? Baldy, can we get that bumped up to 160kb, please?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 13, 2004
    fish wrote:
    What's up with that? Baldy, can we get that bumped up to 160kb, please?

I think it is 60KB for gifs too. ne_nau.gif There are also some width restrictions to make images fit within the browser too.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2004
    i'll check with baldy on the upload limit.

do you have the photos hosted? you can link the hosted image and there's not a limit to file size...
    Raindog wrote:
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 14, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i'll check with baldy on the upload limit.
    Okay, I set both jpg and gif to a max size of 800px wide and 1200px high (that's a problem with ADVrider, when they get too big and the display b0rks), and I set the max size to 120k. That's a pretty big image. I set it too high at ADVrider and modem-bound people complain, plus it burns up my server.

ADVrider is now doing 800 kilobits/second continuously on the network, which is huge.

As far as I've seen, ADVrider and dgrin are the only message forums that let you attach images that get stored in the database and displayed automatically without you having to click on some attachment thingy. No?

I would think that would have to be a big feature for a photography forum.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    edited January 14, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Okay, I set both jpg and gif to a max size of 800px wide and 1200px high (that's a problem with ADVrider, when they get too big and the display b0rks), and I set the max size to 120k. That's a pretty big image. I set it too high at ADVrider and modem-bound people complain, plus it burns up my server.
    Thanks boss thumb.gif
    As far as I've seen, ADVrider and dgrin are the only message forums that let you attach images that get stored in the database and displayed automatically without you having to click on some attachment thingy. No?
    No. bmwmoa allows it and so does ukgser (but you have to pay if you want to play).