Options

Fuji S5600 problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited September 23, 2007 in Cameras
I have had the above mentioned camera for about 2.5 years. Problem is now every time the batteries go flat it loses the date and time. Now I assume that there is a cmos type battery in the camera keeping the date and time accurate which has now gone flat but I can't find any details on it or find an e-mail address to Fuji tech support to ask them. Can anybody here enlighten me??

Tim

P.S. I should add that I am UK based

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
    edited September 21, 2007
    draggin wrote:
    I have had the above mentioned camera for about 2.5 years. Problem is now every time the batteries go flat it loses the date and time. Now I assume that there is a cmos type battery in the camera keeping the date and time accurate which has now gone flat but I can't find any details on it or find an e-mail address to Fuji tech support to ask them. Can anybody here enlighten me??

Tim

P.S. I should add that I am UK based

Here is the UK page for information on that camera. Unfortunately the link to the user manual isn't working and I don't see any backup battery listed in the included accessories.

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/digital/cameras/s5600/index.php?page=tech_specs

It looks like support info is here:
    http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/contact/
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    MartynMartyn Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    I should of mentioned that I have the manual but I can't find anything in the manual about a backup battery.

Martyn your link seem to be for getting a quote for repair, I was hoping that changing the battery is a diy job?? I will use that link as a last resort.

I might try a couple of the local camera shops and see if they can help.

Thanks

Tim
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,871 moderator
    I finally located the user manual in PDF form here:

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/media/dContent/mediaCentre/Manuals/fx_s5600_e.pdf

The nice thing about PDF is that searches are very easy and comprehensive.

Unfortunately, you are right, nothing pertinant showed up.

It may be that the backup battery is not user replaceable.

Good luck and keep us posted,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    Well I asked at the local camera shop and they informed me that it is a send it a way and replace job not a diy which I find absolutely stupid.

The camera shop also gave me the details of a local camera repair company so I might contact them first.

Thanks for the help

Tim
  • Options
    MartynMartyn Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    draggin wrote:

Martyn your link seem to be for getting a quote for repair, I was hoping that changing the battery is a diy job?? I will use that link as a last resort.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I used this form to ask questions about the S9500 and recieved prompt answers.
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    I had the 5200 as my first digital, I am not sure what kind of batteries the 5600 uses, however, when my rechargeable batteries got old I would notice this would happen to me too, when I replaced the recharge batteries, the problem went away.... I have no explination as to why.