Options

Am I allowed to change my entry?

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited September 23, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's my original entry. One of my twin daughter's. This is totally typical of her personality. I'm trying to get a sensible, first "senior school portrait" of her. But, she has other ideas.
She blocks out all my natural light with covers at the windows, grabs a table lamp and voila, this is the result!

IMG_0167.jpg?26d5e9

Not sure if I want to change it, or if I would be allowed to, because I took the people shot around 1st September in a cobbled street, lit only by a street lamp. But the Moon I shot only last night. The stars were made by using differnt sized paint brushes at different opacities.
I thought I would show you anyway.
What do you think?

IMG_0206_moonlight_640.jpg?eb68ef

EXIF

Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Hi Mrs. C...from what I understand...Any photo, (composite), has to be "freshly" taken during time specified for each qualifying round ..

Think your "moon" shot would not qualify..as both shots were not taken during the specified dates for this round...One was taken 9/1

Hope this helps...
    Welcome to Contest #13, a qualifying round. This round is open to any dgrin member! It will run from Monday, September 17th 00:01 (12:01am), NYC time (GMT -5) to Monday, October 1st 00:01 (12:01am), NYC time (GMT -5).

This thread, is the one into which you post your entry. Remember, 1 entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during this contest period. Entries must have exif embedded or appended. Click here and here for help. Photos entered without proper exif showing a clear shot date will be disqualified.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    Well, I'd be interested to find out how many people have used photoshop to create an image from lot's of different photographs from different time frames other than the time frame specified for the challenge.
    I don't think I have seen lot's of different EXIF's included.
    I'll show both of mine.

IMG_5623_exif.jpg?8abe12

EOS_40D_IMG_0206_exif.jpg?1182ff
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Well it looks like most of my image would be ok then?
    You are probably sick of straightening out this rule.

Strange how my lens isn't shown in my moon exif. Any idea why that is?

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    MrsCue wrote:
    Well it looks like most of my image would be ok then?
    I'll be the judge of that. The official rule:

To be eligible, digital photos must be shot during the respective 2-week contest period. Entries must have exif embedded or appended. Click here and here for help. Photos entered without proper exif showing a clear shot date will be disqualified. Photos made via HDR, you can include the exif from one of the merged images.
    You are probably sick of straightening out this rule.
    Well, honestly I was hoping nobody would get this technical. I really don't want to make and enforce yet another rule that states exactly what percentage of the photo in a composite must be fresh. I would like to simply leave it at "the majority", but if push comes to shove, the underlying and most major rule is stated above.

By the way, your original post question was "am I allowed to change my entry?" the answer to that is, most definitely, yes. You can change it as many times as you like until the end of the contest period.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'll be the judge of that. The official rule:

To be eligible, digital photos must be shot during the respective 2-week contest period. Entries must have exif embedded or appended. Click here and here for help. Photos entered without proper exif showing a clear shot date will be disqualified. Photos made via HDR, you can include the exif from one of the merged images.

I'll take that as a yes then, as my moon image has the correct exif.
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Well, honestly I was hoping nobody would get this technical. I really don't want to make and enforce yet another rule that states exactly what percentage of the photo in a composite must be fresh. I would like to simply leave it at "the majority", but if push comes to shove, the underlying and most major rule is stated above.

I think it's something that needs to be cleared up though, especially for someone as new as me. I have only entered 1 before this one :cry
    And I didn't want to be disqualified for using an image that is from a different time frame.

And thank you for clearing up my original question.

• Options
    MrsCue wrote:
    I think it's something that needs to be cleared up though, especially for someone as new as me.
    Ah, but that's the point... I like that you are new, you have no bias on what's been done. If you read the rule, what's your take on the focus? Yes, you're right, that the (whole) photo must be fresh. nod.gif
    Erik

• Options
    See, now if I had kept quiet about it no-one would have known. But that's not the way I am.
    I get angry about how honest I am at times.

• Options
    MrsCue wrote:
    See, now if I had kept quiet about it no-one would have known. But that's not the way I am.
    Unfortunately, true, you have exposed our weak under-belly. If someone really wanted to pass over a fake, we simply don't have time to over analyze the particulars of every entry (I do try though nod.gif).
    I get angry about how honest I am at times.
    I don't get angry, in fact, I'm happy, because you are just like the vast majority of our members. Honesty here goes a long way. Nothing wrong with that :D
    Erik