Options

LPS13 - Pyro's Tries

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited September 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
So there is 4. And they are all going in opposite directions. I like them all (maybe some more than others, but still). So I'm in the mood some good ol' fashioned, home made Dgrin feedback :D.

1. All Natural
2097342-31c.jpg

2. Sunbathing
2097343-419.JPG

3. Jolly Green Giant
2097344-f43.jpg

4. Night and Day
2097345-c52.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Which is it? 30 votes

1. All Natural
13% 4 votes
2. Sunbathing
10% 3 votes
3. Jolly Green Giant
3% 1 vote
4. Night and Day
60% 18 votes
Keep shooting
13% 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    I really like 3 and 4, but not sure how strongly 3 fits in the theme. I think 4 is great for the theme, I voted for that one. Well done!
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    I really like #4!
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    I really like #1. Very nicely done, but it doesn't say light to me. Just lightbulb morphing into apple.

The idea for #2 is great. I think, though, that it needs more stripes of light on the kitty. Is that its tail in the upper righthand corner? It is distracting and seems out of proportion to the animal. (Please don't pass on this criticism to your cat! It can't help it if it has a long, fat tail.) I'm sure the cat is just as cooperative as my own and will gladly pose for you again if you ask it nicely. rolleyes1.gif

#3 is a nice photograph and it is neat seeing the moon in the sky, but the overall picture just doesn't seem to fit the theme.

#4 is very nice indeed. Gets my vote (unless you come up with something stronger with the cat).

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Number 3 really grabbed my attention, in that fact, that I believe it is the strongest...What a lushness of greens, and the subtle shadows, and light that trickle thru the leaves, and the contrasts of blues/greens...

The others I feel are not as strong or are lacking something for that "pop" effect, that will want me to remember it...in other words..I looked and journeyed on.

But, I keep coming back to the tree to see what else I can see...and my mind wanders...what kind of animals/birds inhabit that wonderful place, how many children have climbed that tree, and it is almost symmetrical in circumference WHO the HECK Grooms that, or is it just Mother Nature's way...:D .

Is it a contender for the theme...Who Knows...and I really don't want to express that opinion, that is a judgement and judges call.

I will say that it does have nice shadows and lighting...

Go with your Heart!!

Laughing.gif, Laughing.gif, someone just saw this Tree in the office, and the comment went as follows..."Wow, Now That Is a Tree"...:D

Good Luck in whichever you choose!!
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I really like #1. Very nicely done, but it doesn't say light to me. Just lightbulb morphing into apple.
    LoL i guess the lightbulb doesn't quite cut it. I'm abit surprised I though more people would like it, ne_nau.gif, oh well.[/quote]
    Flyinggina wrote:
    The idea for #2 is great. I think, though, that it needs more stripes of light on the kitty. Is that its tail in the upper righthand corner? It is distracting and seems out of proportion to the animal. (Please don't pass on this criticism to your cat! It can't help it if it has a long, fat tail.) I'm sure the cat is just as cooperative as my own and will gladly pose for you again if you ask it nicely. rolleyes1.gif
    Laughing.gif that's not a tail. In fact I don't know what that is. I like this one too, but I'm afraid I'm a bit too biased =c)
    Flyinggina wrote:
    #3 is a nice photograph and it is neat seeing the moon in the sky, but the overall picture just doesn't seem to fit the theme.
    Now you and Tentacion are giving me mixed messages =c).
    Flyinggina wrote:
    #4 is very nice indeed. Gets my vote (unless you come up with something stronger with the cat).

Virginia

THank you for your feedback =cP
  • Options
    Tentacion wrote:
    Number 3 really grabbed my attention, in that fact, that I believe it is the strongest...What a lushness of greens, and the subtle shadows, and light that trickle thru the leaves, and the contrasts of blues/greens...

The others I feel are not as strong or are lacking something for that "pop" effect, that will want me to remember it...in other words..I looked and journeyed on.

But, I keep coming back to the tree to see what else I can see...and my mind wanders...what kind of animals/birds inhabit that wonderful place, how many children have climbed that tree, and it is almost symmetrical in circumference WHO the HECK Grooms that, or is it just Mother Nature's way...:D .

Is it a contender for the theme...Who Knows...and I really don't want to express that opinion, that is a judgement and judges call.

I will say that it does have nice shadows and lighting...

Go with your Heart!!

Laughing.gif, Laughing.gif, someone just saw this Tree in the office, and the comment went as follows..."Wow, Now That Is a Tree"...:D

Good Luck in whichever you choose!!
    Donna

I've seen this tree hundreds of times, it's on the way to work. I've always been amazed how round it is =c)

PS: you forgot to vote mwink.gif
  • Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Love #4 and you've given me an idea....

Good shootin.
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2007
    Thank you. Should be interesting to see what you some up with :D