Camera Strap

BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
edited September 14, 2009 in Accessories
Is there a SmugMug camera strap that we can buy? I thought I would ask for on the main smugmug page, there is one shown being worn by a photog in the pro zone link. Just wondering....

thanks,

Brenton

Edit by Baldy: Important update: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=666184#post666184 :huh

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2007
    BBiggs wrote:
    Is there a SmugMug camera strap that we can buy? I thought I would ask for on the main smugmug page, there is one shown being worn by a photog in the pro zone link. Just wondering....

thanks,

Brenton
    Nope.

Not that you can buy :)

But stay tuned you'll see how to get one clap.gif
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    http://www.procameragear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=141&osCsid=k26a3m4a4qc9ueu5as44pk9s57

Not exactly a SM strap, but a very nice strap! I've got two! thumb.gif They gotta offer custom printing on them somewhere...
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif I've got me one of those too. Op/Tech will obviously be happy to work with a group for custom silkscreening. I know there's been a couple of movements over at FM to do the same for that forum. A SM/DGrin strap wouldbe cool, too. Then I'd have to get another one. :D
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    You could have one that is smugmug, one that is DGrin, and the one that has both!
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    BBiggs wrote:
    there is one shown being worn by a photog in the pro zone link

who is that guy ? lol3.giflol3.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Nope.

I"m not very patient :D Thanks everyone for the feedback. I guess time will tell if we will be able to get one!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Nope.

Hmmmm....I ordered a new camera this morning and I'm sure I'll need a new strap....soon! mwink.gif
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited September 22, 2007
    BBiggs wrote:

thanks,

Brenton
    Sharp eyes! That's my camera strap, the only SmugMug camera strap in the world. It's soft, slightly stretchy, looks cool, and it doesn't slide off your shoulder because it's grippy.

Andy, I hope you forgive me spilling the beans but we've got, cough, 5,000 of them coming! We got the mother of bulk discounts, doncha know. I imagine we can spare one for you so just email straps at smugmug dot com with your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.

Edit: October 25th, 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time

HOLD THE PRESSES!!! eek7.gif

The deal sites found out about us and we got hit with a tsunami of orders last night, which cleaned us out.

So we put an enthusiastic autoreply on the straps email saying that orders exceeded supply. So we've ordered a bunch more but it takes the manufacturer around 45 days to get new ones to us. For people who made their request after noon Pacific on October 25th (65 minutes from now), we're sorry to say that the free strap fiesta ended.

But. If you're a dgrinner before that time or a paying SmugMug subscriber, just include your dgrin or SmugMug nickname in the subject line and say something personal in the body to persuade us you're the genuine article, and we'd love to get you a strap (when we get more).

Thanks!
    Baldy
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    Baldy wrote:
    Andy, I hope you forgive me spilling the beans but we've got, cough, 5,000 of them coming! We got the mother of bulk discounts, doncha know. I imagine we can spare one for you so just PM me your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.
    Put me on the list Baldy... PM sent! thumb.gif
    I'd like on that list as well! Count me in for one! clap.gif
  • emtajimemtajim Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    SmugMug strap
    Baldy wrote:
    Sharp eyes! That's my camera strap, the only SmugMug camera strap in the world. It's soft, slightly stretchy, looks cool, and it doesn't slide off your shoulder because it's grippy.

Andy, I hope you forgive me spilling the beans but we've got, cough, 5,000 of them coming! We got the mother of bulk discounts, doncha know. I imagine we can spare one for you so just PM me your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.

I saw the same picture and I said to myself, "Self it would be cool to get one of those straps" and what do you know a couple of weeks later here's the thread.
    If I can add me to the list as well please. PM sent.

Jim
    thumb.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    devbobo wrote:
    who is that guy ? lol3.giflol3.gif
    Some hack...
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    Sweet, I would like one also!
    Sending PM now!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    me too:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    me three:D
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
    Could I get one too? I posted the question about them ne_nau.gif:D
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    oh man even if i have to pay a few bucks ill def rock some dgrin neckstrap bling, yaoming? im sending you a pm now. thanks bud
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Baldy wrote:

Spill the beans already!!! Tell us how to get one!!! ;) My camera strap is hurting my neck!
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited September 24, 2007
    k2butter wrote:
    Spill the beans already!!! Tell us how to get one!!! ;) My camera strap is hurting my neck!
    baldy wrote:
    I imagine we can spare one for you so just PM me your address and it will be done. Be patient 'cus they're not scheduled to arrive here until mid-October.

I am the one in charge of shipping them out. I'll let you know when we get them in and when I start sending them out.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    Sheaf wrote:
    I am the one in charge of shipping them out. I'll let you know when we get them in and when I start sending them out.

So who do we need to let know if we want one of these?
    Rhuarc wrote:
    So who do we need to let know if we want one of these?

If you haven't already sent a private message, just go here: http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff.mg.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    Sheaf wrote:
    Either Baldy or myself. But not both please!

Sorry guys if I spoiled a surprise by posting this question. I knew that POTN had a strap, but I wanted a SMUGMUG one instead on my camera. bowdown.gif
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    BBiggs wrote:
    Sorry guys if I spoiled a surprise by posting this question. I knew that POTN had a strap, but I wanted a SMUGMUG one instead on my camera. bowdown.gif

You know you're not sorry. rolleyes1.gif
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    This is so cool, I was just looking for a new strap! I've already got a great Smugmug T-shirt; now, about those awesome red Smugmug hats to complete my ensemble...:D
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    Let me know when ordinary newbies get to order one clap.gif
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    ulrikft wrote:
    Moi aussi SVP.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    ulrikft wrote:

Just so we're clear on this: We are getting 5,000 straps in a few weeks. Any Dgrinner that wants one for free, just go here: http://www.smugmug.com/free-stuff.mg.

I only ask that you be patient as we are not set up to ship thousands of these things quickly (and we don't even have them yet).
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • GottriaGottria Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    Thanks Guys, this is one heck of a cool looking strap. I just started using Smugmug again and it's good to be back.

Lets give it up for the guys at Smugmug for a cool strap!!!clap.gif
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Just so we're clear on this: We are getting 5,000 straps in a few weeks. Any Dgrinner that wants one for free, leave myself or Baldy a private message with your address.

I only ask that you be patient as we are not set up to ship thousands of these things quickly (and we don't even have them yet).

:jawdrop Have I mentioned lately how awesome you guys are? Sending PM now... :Dclap.gif
  • King of CanadaKing of Canada Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    :D I agree. You guys are great. Not only is the forum and hosting service great, but everybody here is always extremely helpful. I would never have been able to customize my smugmug site without the help of several forumites!

PM Sent. I love plugging this site and smugmug as much as possible.
    Canon 40D
    Canon 70-200mm F4L
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home