Options

And a few of my sunsets...

SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited March 17, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
What the heck.. I considered just adding them to Eric's thread, but that would be a bit of a hijacking, and I happen to know he's got more! :D
Youth and Enthusiasm
Are No Match For
Age and Treachery

Comments

• Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    I'm not very good at meeting your post attachment settings. I can see that others are posting images that are larger than mine.. hrm.. let's experiment here.. (I bet it's more to do with compression ratio than anything else, huh?)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    A few minutes earlier. I forgot to note that this was with the lower quality setting, too bad, it was right after quite a good rain and was a spectacular afternoon here in southern California. I need to get back up into the Sierras with this camera, I took many pix while visiting Kirkwood, but they were with the Sony Mavica (I think it's the F73?) that uses a floppy! (From the days long before the megapixel.)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    gottagotta Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    I really like the crispness of the clouds in that first pic. The last one has really interesting formations higher up, and all the colors are vibrant. Keep shooting! We had the makings for a killer sunset tonight until the wind came up strong and blew every single last cloud out of here.

Regards, Eric
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    Thank you, Eric. I can't remember which of these I posted on ttth, but I know I did post some.

I need to u/l the Sunday night piccies, because indoors is where I'm really having issues. I HATE flash (married to an onboard with this unit, but I just couldn't spend the money on the C-750), even though I know it would get the shot with no motion. But that's not what I'm after, I'm after making memories, not just snapping pictures. Part of the memories that I can keep is the ambience, flash ruins that entirely. And setting up artificial lighting for a family dinner with little kids isn't exactly conducive to catching those moments. headscratch.gif
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2004
    Hey Seamaiden, if you wanna post bigger pics, check out this link. Check out option #2. It explains how you can link to your pics, instead of attaching them. Perhaps you already know this, in which case.... never mind.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gottagotta Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2004
    Part of the memories that I can keep is the ambience, flash ruins that entirely.
    I kinda figured a tricky way around this issue Sea. I know exactly what you mean. I wasn't happy with the white, cold flash. I tried covering part of the flash window with a spare finger, just a little makes a big difference. It worked! Toned the light right down and warmed it up. Just experiment a little, and it doesn't take any time to do it. When I get time, i'm going to play around with some sort of diffusing material to place over the flash when I want a softer effect.

Regards, Eric