Options

How do you remove a thumbs up status?

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited September 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm going to fire up the ol slideshow hack soon using my favorites as the "source folder".
Problem is, over the last few months. PPL have picked some shots I would barely show anyone. Let alone a possible paying customer.

How do I reset this functionality (so it has neither a thumbs up OR down) on:
1. One image
2. All images in a bulk fashion

Thanks for your help.

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I'm going to fire up the ol slideshow hack soon using my favorites as the "source folder".
    Problem is, over the last few months. PPL have picked some shots I would barely show anyone. Let alone a possible paying customer.

1. One image

Thanks for your help.

-Jon

I know that doing a replace image (uploading a replacement image) will reset the thumb rankings. You could also do a Make 2nd Copy and then delete the original. Apparently, if you turn thumb ratings off for the gallery (in gallery customization) and then back on, that will clear the rankings. See this dgrin post for a similar question and answer. And, it's rumored that you can rotate left, then right to clear the rating (though that didn't seem to work for me).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Well that's better than nothing!
    I'll place this request in the SM requests thread.
    There's no reason an admin shouldn't be able to easily do this.

Especially if one is using the favorites as a homepage slideshow.

-Jon
  • Options
    I turned rankings off an on 3 times in my 'fauna' gallery and it still shows the ranked shots in favorites. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    Jon -
    I can't help with your rankings question - but I have another suggestion for your home page slide show. If you use the ratings, you're always going to be dependent on viewers selecting their favorites which might not agree with the photos that you want to highlight.

Have you ever thought about using a keyword to drive that slideshow? That's what I do on my home page slideshow. I have assigned a keyword of deniseHome to pictures in a number of galleries. That way the intro to my site crosses gallery boundaries, and it's something I can easily change as I take more pictures. Just a thought...

--- Denise
  • Options
    Jon -
    I can't help with your rankings question - but I have another suggestion for your home page slide show. If you use the ratings, you're always going to be dependent on viewers selecting their favorites which might not agree with the photos that you want to highlight.

Have you ever thought about using a keyword to drive that slideshow? That's what I do on my home page slideshow. I have assigned a keyword of deniseHome to pictures in a number of galleries. That way the intro to my site crosses gallery boundaries, and it's something I can easily change as I take more pictures. Just a thought...

--- Denise
    I was jsut thinking of the inherant danger and need for constant houskeeping on this. THis sounds like a good idea! I'm still going to keep my request to reset my photoranking DB to null. But I'm gonna go with your tip on this!

Thanks Denise!
  • Options
    glasbergenglasbergen Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Rotate it (and back)
    SloYerRoll wrote:

1. One image

I think rotating an image left or right (and back) resets the thumbs up status of an image. Hope this helps.

[edit] See this thread http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=65421&page=2