Options

Possible LPS #13 entry

photojen1photojen1 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited September 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
200754213-M.jpg

200754111# - okay, so if you right click the question mark, it takes you to my gallery at smugmug in which you can wave mouse over photo, click on photo info and see exif details....not clean or pretty - but done for now... think I may need to be in the beginners forum instead of the contests and challenges until I get this worked out - any chance of a move?

Title: Repose
I am amazed at the knowledge and generous spirits found in these forums on Dgrin. So, I'm taking a risk with my first possible entry - but am struggling with getting the file info from photoshop into an attached exif. I'll play and see. I appreciate any C&C. Thanks! Jen
Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
--Rachel Carson

Comments

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    photojen1 wrote:
    Title: Repose
    I am amazed at the knowledge and generous spirits found in these forums on Dgrin. So, I'm taking a risk with my first possible entry - but am struggling with getting the file info from photoshop into an attached exif. I'll play and see. I appreciate any C&C. Thanks! Jen

I like it. Three things I would try is to complete the frame on the left side (it seems a bit heavier on the right). Also I would maybe try to sharpen the background a bit. And finally I would crank up the saturation a tiny bit.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    Thank you PyroPrints
    Thank you - I have just created SmugMug gallery so hopefully I can extract the exif and get to work on pp.
    I like it. Three things I would try is to complete the frame on the left side (it seems a bit heavier on the right). Also I would maybe try to sharpen the background a bit. And finally I would crank up the saturation a tiny bit.
    Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
    --Rachel Carson
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    photojen1 wrote:
    Thank you - I have just created SmugMug gallery so hopefully I can extract the exif and get to work on pp.

Your image is gone, you may need to enable external links on smugmug.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    Thanks for the update
    Your image is gone, you may need to enable external links on smugmug.

I think I was working on it at the time and believe it to be up now but I'm swimming in muck as far as getting this posted correctly!
    --Rachel Carson
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    OK, Jen, I can see your image, everything is fine.

Now for the elusive EXIF, how about a pictorial step-by-step? :D

1. In your gallery, mouse over your image, you'll get a little menu bar that pops up over your image, like this:

200833379-L.jpg

2. Click on that "Photo Info" button, you'll get this:
    200833450-L.jpg

So you can see that all the EXIF info is there for your photo, excellent! Now, to put a link to this in your contest entry, you have to jump through a few more hoops. If you were to click on the photo in the gallery as you see it now, you'd be brought to the LightBox view by default. Nice, but no way to get to EXIF. So a couple more steps...

3. Change your gallery view to "All Thumbs", like so (labeled (1) on this screen grab):
    200833392-L.jpg

4. Now click on your photo to get its detailed screen (labeled (2) in above screen grab). You'll get this screen:
    200833407-L.jpg

5. Finally, that's what you wanted "more details: exif"! Go ahead and click that and you'll get one final screen, which will pop up as another browser window:
    200833426-L.jpg

6. That's it! Now you can just copy that link just below the thumbnail of your image and paste it underneath your photo (which you know how to do, posting a photo, just like in the first post of this thread) in the official entry thread.

Any more questions, just holler. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    Wow...that's fantastic! Thank you!!!
    Erik, they don't call you the Doctor for nothing - I am simply blown away by your assistance! Thank you. This is a good place to be - I learn at least a few new things every day (limited only by myself)!!! Sincerely, Jen
    --Rachel Carson
  • Options
    --Rachel Carson
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    photojen1 wrote:
    there you go, easy! Just add that (or exif of any other photo) along with the embedded photo itself, and you ahve yourself an official entry!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    DoctorIt wrote:
    1. In your gallery, mouse over your image, you'll get a little menu bar that pops up over your image, like this:

2. Click on that "Photo Info" button, you'll get this:
    200833450-S.jpg
    Think you can stop at this step.:D Just click the big white "Photo Information"
    above the tabs in the exif box and you get the same page as all the steps
    below.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog