Options

WTS Two Canon lenses

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 23, 2005 in Flea Market
1) 28-135 f 3.5-5.6 IS AF new 394.95 selling price: 275.00

2) 75-300 f 4-5.6 IS AF new 389.95 selling price 300.00

That is almost 800.00 new. I will sell them together for 500.00 including shipping.
The 75-300 is in perfect shape. The 28-135 does have a scratched lens, but it shoots fine. I can show you many recent photos taken with it. Now it has a UV filter protecting it from more scratches and it has had that filter since way before I last shot with it.

I think that is a good price. I am selling them because I am changing my lens situation, and I need the money to buy the 70-200L to fill a gap I have.

I also have the kit lens from the 20D, I will throw that in for 50.00. If it is not worth that much, someone tell me.

In fact, if these lenses are not worth what I am asking please tell me, make an offer.

Ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 22, 2005
    bump... HEY DJ-S1.... mwink.gif

that 28-135 is still my bread and butter lens, someone needs to pick these up!!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    :twitchYou are KILLING ME!!! Must...be...fiscally...responsible... :uhoh

Maybe I could sell some body parts for $$$... :hurt
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    :twitchYou are KILLING ME!!! Must...be...fiscally...responsible... :uhoh

This is funny, we are all trying to get money by selling something. Kind of trading "things". I have to sell lenses, to get lenses, you want to sell body parts.

And when I talked to my daughter this AM, she was sorting her kids clothes, to get money from the ones that no longer fit.

Lynn keeps mentioning ebay, a place that scares me. I guess that is the first sign I have shown of old age.

The one thing we all have in common is that we are all trying to raise money, by selling things we have bought, in order to buy...................

ginger
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    DJ-S1 wrote:

which parts and how much do you want for them?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    zach_naglezach_nagle Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 23, 2005
    YGPM

this is my first too clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    Clarification/or new set price for lens for sale
    The three lenses must be bought as a group, unless I have promised you otherwise.

Cash, checks, I will accept paypal.

Two of the lenses do not have lens caps on them. I will buy those from Canon and have them sent at the same time I send the lenses.

The price is set at 550.00 for the three lenses, caps, paypal payment, shipping and all. (with the exception of one person I e-mailed last night, that is a small adjustment, and it will hold until tomorrow morning). The cost of Paypal is built into the asking price, if you do not use paypal, I will take 535.00 for the lenses and caps. If you do not want to use Paypal and do not need lens caps, the price is 510.00.

I hope this clears up all questions. My smugmug address is gingerSnap.smugmug.com. All photos taken before the first of February were taken with one of those lenses. If you have any questions re photos please PM me.

I am afraid I will miss an e-mail. Or that aol will send it back, it has done that to people several times in the last week.

Thank You,
    Looking forward to each of us to get what we want/need.

ginger
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    The three lenses must be bought as a group, unless I have promised you otherwise.

um, three lenses? i think your clarification just confused the heck out of some people...
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    nevermind, just saw the 20D kit lens.

You've asked for advice before, so I know you won't take this the wrong way: list your items succintly, use (1) (2) (3) to set them off, make prices bold at the end of each line. Don't do it in prose form, you'll lose folks, like you just snuck that kit lens, that the the thread title says 2.

:D

Speaking of thread titles, simple but technical:

FS: Canon 28-135IS, 75-300IS, 20d kit
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    Contract Pending
    I think the lenses are sold, so this may not matter. I appreciate the advice.
    I usually buy, not sell.:D

thanks,
    ginger