Options

Deacon's 10D

hutchmanhutchman Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited March 17, 2004 in The Big Picture
fish wrote:
Yeah, it's a sweet machine. Did you get yours yet? I took that shot with the Tamron 28-75/2.8, btw (thanks pathfinder).
I've been negotiating with Rutt over his used 10d, but we did not reach agreement on price, so I think I'm going to take some of your advice and buy new from a reputable dealer. We have a Kits in the mall with a salesperson who is very knowledgeable. They have the same prices as Ritz does online, so their prices are somewhat reasonable.

The thing that has pushed me to buy locally and pay tax is the fact that these people stand behind what they sell. If you aren't satisfied for any reason, they return your money or get a replacement. No questions asked. I know there are online outlets that also have this policy, but it is worth something to be able to talk face to face.

It will be ordered this week.

Hutch

Comments

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    Saving Tax
    Hutch,

If you need an Ore resident to help with the tax issue let me know thumb.gif

Deacon
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    10D at bhphoto is 1.5 large. 1.7 large with a 1gb fast card.

How much is the premium to buy locally? My dealer matched bhphoto's price, but i ended up paying sales tax. And...quite frankly...I haven't been back in his shop, so I guess I paid for the opportunity to play with the demo cams and ask a bunch of questions.

If you know what you want, just buy it. Don't overanalyze it.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2004
    fish wrote:
    If you know what you want, just buy it. Don't overanalyze it.

Darn, that's half the fun.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au