Options

Best place to sell?: Mamiya Med Format Cameras

GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited October 3, 2007 in Flea Market
Now that I've gone completely digital, I rarely open up my Pelican cases to play with my RZ 67 and 645 Pro Mamiya cameras! I'm thinking I might sell these and want to maximize what I can get for them (no surprise). I have the two bodies and a full complement of lenses, backs, finders, remote releases, focusing screens, etc.

Where's the best place to sell medium format film cameras?

- Gary.

Comments

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    This isn't a bad place (under "The Other Guys"), and fredmiranda's B&S forum is one of the more active ones (now requires a subscription). Photo.net comes to mind, and finally the old standby ebay. Though, you might be distressed at the prices that gear will bring now--it's a buyer's market right now. To me, as a buyer dabbling in MF film, that's good. :D

So....watchya got? I have a 645Pro with a lone 80mm lens. It wants some playmates. mwink.gif
  • Options
    chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Here would be a good place to sell your equipment. Doesn't cost you anything.

You can cross post at the large format photography forum as well:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    may want to google for Mamiya forums......or 120 or med. for. film users forums also,,,,,,,,,it could be worth it to you.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    This isn't a bad place (under "The Other Guys"), and fredmiranda's B&S forum is one of the more active ones (now requires a subscription). Photo.net comes to mind, and finally the old standby ebay. Though, you might be distressed at the prices that gear will bring now--it's a buyer's market right now. To me, as a buyer dabbling in MF film, that's good. :D

So....watchya got? I have a 645Pro with a lone 80mm lens. It wants some playmates. mwink.gif

Chris,
    Thanks for all this info! I'll probably try to sell the 645 stuff as a 'kit' and then if I don't find a buyer, I'll consider breaking it up...and then I'll make you my first stop!
    - Gary.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    Art Scott wrote:
    may want to google for Mamiya forums......or 120 or med. for. film users forums also,,,,,,,,,it could be worth it to you.....

Not a lot out there. MAC had a forum, but it seems to be down. I usually look at photo.net & apug for MF info. LL has some discussion, but those guys seem to be made of money & mostly talk about digital backs, etc. (I get the impression that unless you have $50k+ in gear you're just an interloper there). Usefilm might have something. Of course, I'd be very interested in any active community I've missed.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    You may also want to list the gear on Craigslist in your area.
    http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/ny