Options

Little boy in the aspens - my latest shoot

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited October 4, 2007 in People
I had a wedding a few weeks ago that didn't turn out quite like I wanted. Long story short... it kicked my ass and I was not happy with the photos from it. I mean, they turned out fine, but I wanted them to be stunning (remember, I just too Shay's class) and they really weren't - because of me and the situation. (I'll post them sometime or give a link when I get them up for the public.) (The bride was very happy, though!)

But one cool thing is that I got a call the day after I put them up from a woman in town who wanted photos of her son done - she decided not to have her friend, another photographer in town who is far more established than me, do them - she wanted ME! yahoo8tk.gif I was so excited.

So I did the shoot on Tuesday and it was only the little boy.... Here are a few shots from it:

201359597-M.jpg

201359604-M.jpg

201359628-M.jpg

201359617-M.jpg

His mom was dropping leaves on him....
201359653-M.jpg

You can check out more here: http://www.tippiepics.com/gallery/3549566

Any and all CC is always welcome! I think my PP on a few might be off, but those will be fixed when they purchase (color/too dark), but I'd still love comments - and you can do it in the gallery if you'd like - it's "private" and the mom shouldn't see it.

(And if I don't say my thanks for your comments right away, I"m leaving town this afternoon and will respond next week when I get a connection again - but thanks in advance for anything you have to say! :D )

Comments

• Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Very nice shots...I really like #1 his eyes really pop =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    Very nice Andi! The last one is my favorite, he just looks so happy to be sitting there. Those were the days!

My sister is out in CB as well and she keeps telling me how beautiful it is right now. Needless to say, I'm jealous of you both:D
  • Options
    Thanks so much, Cuties and Rustic. I had a great time with this shoot - that's what matters most (well, besides hopefully good photos! Laughing.gif!).

Yup, CB is gorgeous. Not as amazing as some previous years, but still gorgeous.... I will never move. :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Very beautiful !
    great work
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    adorable images of an adorable little boy. I just love the "lifestyle" feel to these. His expression in the last one is PRICELESS!!!

oh and I love the "lynne tilt" on #3! :D

beautiful series! isn't doing one child alone so much FUN!?
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    Great shots. I like the variety, the expressions and the angles. Very inspiring.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    These are the sweetest photos I have ever seen. Your client is very lucky. She got her money's worth for sure. Stunners all.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2007
    clap.gif Look at those eyes and colors in #1! Fab-u-lous! These capture such a nice variety of expression and personality. I'm sure they will be treasured. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the coloring of #4, but I love how his eyes were captured here...eye lashes and eyes are visible even while he's looking downward. What a sweet set, in all senses of the word!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    Very cute series, Andi. It looks like it was a fun shoot. There is something magical about seeing little children out in the great big wide wilderness! I love how the colors in the background of the last shot mimic the colors of his clothing. There is a similar shot in your gallery that I like also, the processing of the colors is a little better (to me) in that shot. This one is a little light, but that may have been the effect you were going for. There is one b&w of him walking off into the distance that reminds me of a shot I took of my own son at that age nearly 30 years ago. Makes me want to go dig it out right now! :D
  • Options
    noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    Lthumb.gifvely series . Utterly beautifulclap.gif
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma
  • Options
    thenimirrathenimirra Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    very nice shots of that little boy!

Cut yourself some slack regarding the wedding shots. I've been told by pros that weddings are some of the most difficult things to master. Keep at it!
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2007
    Very beautiful !
    great work

Thank you, Awais! I really appreciate it.
    urbanaries wrote:
    adorable images of an adorable little boy. I just love the "lifestyle" feel to these. His expression in the last one is PRICELESS!!!

oh and I love the "lynne tilt" on #3! :D

beautiful series! isn't doing one child alone so much FUN!?
    Thanks, Lynne! I definintely had a BLAST doing these and it was so much easier than any other shoot I've done. And I'm glad you noticed the tilt! Did I do it right? :D
    DavidS wrote:
    Great shots. I like the variety, the expressions and the angles. Very inspiring.
    Thank you, David! I've had a lot of guidance from everyone here so it's nice ot hear it's paying off.... Thanks!
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    These are the sweetest photos I have ever seen. Your client is very lucky. She got her money's worth for sure. Stunners all.
    Wow! I really appreciate it. Thank you.
    Elaine wrote:
    clap.gif Look at those eyes and colors in #1! Fab-u-lous! These capture such a nice variety of expression and personality. I'm sure they will be treasured. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm crazy about the coloring of #4, but I love how his eyes were captured here...eye lashes and eyes are visible even while he's looking downward. What a sweet set, in all senses of the word!
    Thanks, Elaine! And I appreciate the feedback on #4. I like to toss a few different treatments into the mix just for giggles and grins. Some people love 'em, some hate 'em and sometimes they just plain suck... Laughing.gif! but it's fun playing around. Not sure yet if she likes it, but I only sort of do. I appreciate you letting me know your opinion! :D

And thanks for all the other sweet words!
    saurora wrote:
    Very cute series, Andi. It looks like it was a fun shoot. There is something magical about seeing little children out in the great big wide wilderness! I love how the colors in the background of the last shot mimic the colors of his clothing. There is a similar shot in your gallery that I like also, the processing of the colors is a little better (to me) in that shot. This one is a little light, but that may have been the effect you were going for. There is one b&w of him walking off into the distance that reminds me of a shot I took of my own son at that age nearly 30 years ago. Makes me want to go dig it out right now! :D
    Thank you so much. I was so happy when I saw the cute options she had for clothes. We only had a few shots with the first shirt as I loved the sweater....

As for the processing, I'll definitely take a look at what you're talking about. I generally just do a quick job processing to get them online, but then they order I'll take much longer trying to make sure they match well and are processed correctly. Thanks so much for pointing it out! I really appreciate it.

And thanks for your nice words.
    nonilady wrote:
    Lthumb.gifvely series . Utterly beautifulclap.gif
    Thank you very much!
    thenimirra wrote:
    very nice shots of that little boy!

Cut yourself some slack regarding the wedding shots. I've been told by pros that weddings are some of the most difficult things to master. Keep at it!

Thank you! And I'll try to cut myself slack, but that's hard since I just took Shay's class and had much better photos from that. But oh, well!

Thanks....

And on a side note, the mother is more than pleased, I'm happy to say! She is having a very hard time deciding which photos she wants because she'd love to purchase more than half of them! (There were about 80 all together and that's after some MAJOR culling.) I was so tickled to hear that she was so happy.

Thanks to all for your kind comments. And I"m sorry it took me so long to respond - I just got back into town....

:D