Options

Keep Andy as challenge moderator? Yes or No...

damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
edited February 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just wondering...

Comments

• Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    damonff wrote:
    Just wondering...

...........does Andy want out?
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    damonff wrote:
    Just wondering...
    I believe there could be a better dialogue established here.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    OK, this is silly, Damonff.

Cut it out.

Andy's contribution to this site is immeasurable. He's given selflessly of his time to make dgrin better. And his tips, advice and encouragement for shooters willing to listen have helped make so many of us better shooters. On top of all that, he's made the Yosemite event a reality, entirely on his own.

He's the single most important mainstay of this site.

Bar none.

I shall avoid comparing his contribution to that of others. If you catch my drift.

It takes quite a bit to get me riled up on this silly playground we call the interent. Congratulations, you've done it. This thread is downright ignorant.

Shame on you.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    dammmit
    this is in very BAD TASTE !!!!!!!!!!!there should be no votes
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I believe there could be a better dialogue established here.

very true.

i would have asked if the judging cold be improved on? perhaps we should have all the mods vote, or have an equal say, and perhaps instead of 10 finalists we have 15, and the final vote could be up to the members.

id have said it like that, that way it doesnt seem like i was on a witch hunt for andy's blood. its more courteous and well professional than just asking if everyone thinks andy sucks.

cb
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    sigh.

You just earned a 7 day dgrin "vacation", damon. rolleyes1.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    very true.

i would have asked if the judging cold be improved on? perhaps we should have all the mods vote, or have an equal say, and perhaps instead of 10 finalists we have 15, and the final vote could be up to the members.

cb

hiya charlie

there's a limit to the number of entries we can have for an automated vote. in addition, cutting to 10 or 15 doesn't really matter, when the number of entries is still around 50. to your other point, we've had long discussions about the culling format - and via that process, have settled on the previous winner and me, together, picking the top 10. that we've matched consistently between 70 and 80 percent says something, i would think, about objectivity. (neither i nor the co-judge see each other's picks until the other has chosen).

thanks for the question - it's a good one.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    as wxwax would say....
    burn him! burn that andy!

seems like all the wood's been chopped 16176043-Ti.gif so let's build a fire and burn the guy 16176040-Ti.gif

lol3.gif
This discussion has been closed.