Options

I need help pricing a camera!

BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
edited October 7, 2007 in Cameras
Hey guys and gals! I'm trying to sell a camera for a friend online. I am wondering what a lightly used Nikon N65 camera body would sell for? Also there are two lenses that she wants sold as well, and they are Nikon mount Sigma 28-90mm D and a Nikon mount Sigma 70-300mm D. I am fimilar with Canon lens mount EOS for example but not of Nikons. I do know that these lenses will mount to this camera body. Can you help me place a fair resale value on these items.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,848 moderator
    edited October 5, 2007
    BBiggs wrote:
    Hey guys and gals! I'm trying to sell a camera for a friend online. I am wondering what a lightly used Nikon N65 camera body would sell for? Also there are two lenses that she wants sold as well, and they are Nikon mount Sigma 28-90mm D and a Nikon mount Sigma 70-300mm D. I am fimilar with Canon lens mount EOS for example but not of Nikons. I do know that these lenses will mount to this camera body. Can you help me place a fair resale value on these items.

Looking at recently "completed" auctions at EBay, most of these cameras sold for $50-$70 (plus shipping).

I only found one completed auction which appears to have included "both" of those lenses and it finished at $76 plus shipping. Again, that was for both lenses (supposedly in "new" condition).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-Tele-Standard-Zoom-Set-28-90-and-70-300-for-NIKON_W0QQitemZ220152993105QQihZ012QQcategoryZ30070QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Kef.com (a fairly reputable used camera dealer) has the following:

Nikon n65 or f65 bodies for prices or $59 - $210 depending on useage

The two lenses sell for around $200 each.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2007
    Thanks guys! I'm looking at the camera and it is in good shape, a few small scratches and the like but it looks nice. According to my friend the camera was used only briefly while her other was being repaired, so the shutter should have very low clicks on it. I was thinking maybe $350 for the whole package, body, lenses, case.
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2007
    Kef.com (a fairly reputable used camera dealer) has the following:

Nikon n65 or f65 bodies for prices or $59 - $210 depending on useage

The two lenses sell for around $200 each.
    You meant KEH.com deal.gif
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2007
    You meant KEH.com deal.gif
    oops, eek7.gif
    KEF makes audio speakers, I think
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen