Options

Send to SmugMug (for Windows XP)

shahineoshahineo Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    shahineo wrote:

wow, looks very cool. i'm on mac now, but i wish you the best of luck and thanks for the contribution of another very promising smugmug add-on thumb.gif
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited February 11, 2005
    I've personally used Send to smugmug and love it greatly for its elegant simplicity. Smugmug Explorer is very powerful and this is very simple and isn't choice wonderful?

clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Just what us neanderthals needed....bloody hell that looks easy !
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    :cry always a catch.....whats a... 'NET Framework 1.1'

I can swap you for some nice round holes dug very deep.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    Hey...i dont need one of those things...it works. Sooo i will give it a try later (if i ever get a camera again) & drop a few bob in the plate for you mate.
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    It looks great, but I can't quite get it to work.

I get the error message: An unahndled exception has occurred...... blah.. blah... "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I press "continue" anyway as it advises, and I get the Album settings window after I log in, but there are none of my Categories or Sub-categories available in the drop down menu.

Any comments please?

something to do with this net 1.1.? what is that?
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Hey, now that's pretty slick! Haven't tried it yet, but thanks for creating and sharing it!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    Welcome to the playground:-)!
    shahineo wrote:
    I give it it you - you beat me to it:-)thumb.gif
    Not for long, though:-):D
    (Darn trade show, lost 3 weeks..)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    yvonne wrote:
    It looks great, but I can't quite get it to work.

I get the error message: An unahndled exception has occurred...... blah.. blah... "object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I press "continue" anyway as it advises, and I get the Album settings window after I log in, but there are none of my Categories or Sub-categories available in the drop down menu.

Any comments please?

something to do with this net 1.1.? what is that?
    I just noticed this the other day, this happens if you try and select a folder with no jpg files in it. I'll fix this in the next version. For now try and use it with a different folder.
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I give it it you - you beat me to it:-)thumb.gif
    Not for long, though:-):D
    (Darn trade show, lost 3 weeks..)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Well your app was an inspiration, and the xml-rpc api was a good excuse to write a .net wrapper for it, and when I did that I figured, what the heck, why not write an app to actually use it :-).
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    I hear ya:-)
    shahineo wrote:
    Well your app was an inspiration, and the xml-rpc api was a good excuse to write a .net wrapper for it, and when I did that I figured, what the heck, why not write an app to actually use it :-).
    Mine also started as a little personal helper:-)

Good luck!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    shahineo wrote:
    I just noticed this the other day, this happens if you try and select a folder with no jpg files in it. I'll fix this in the next version. For now try and use it with a different folder.

Yup, that was it. This is great!!! Wonderful way to upload. Thanks very much for sharing!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2005
    I finally got to try this out... it works great on my Win2K Pro machine (since I do have the .Net framework installed).

A little feedback for you...

It wasn't obvious to me that I was supposed to right-click on a folder instead of within a folder or on an image file. Maybe it was just TOO obvious... but a note on your download page about that would be helpful... maybe bold letters that say "Here's how to use it".

Some kind of progress meter would be great. I could see through my little network icon on the taskbar that the upload was taking place, but others might not really know what was going on.

All in all, an outstanding little tool!
  • Options
    ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Net framework? I appearently need this?

Who, what, where, how.... ne_nau.gif
    I'm a computer dufus - throw me a bone! :D
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    ridetwistyroads...here's your bone:

No one can define .NET Framework better than Microsoft, so here's a direct quote...

The Microsoft .NET Framework is an environment for building, deploying, and running XML Web services and other applications. It consists of three main parts: the common language runtime, the Framework classes, and ASP.NET. A companion infrastructure, the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, is a set of programming interfaces that enable developers to target mobile devices like smart phones and PDAs.

So now that it's perfectly clear what NF is lol.gif, you can find it at...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

I was rather concerned about putting this 23+ mb thingy on my PC, but I took a chance and everything seems ok. It didn't slow down my computer or anything like that, and I think it was worth it in order to use Send to Smugmug.

• Options
    Erik OlsenErik Olsen Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Gallery settings
    shahineo wrote:

Hi

I d/l the ap, and i love it. However the gallery settings need some looking into.
    With the large turned off, it still is on sm, and the viewing style set to elegant, it still shows viewer's choice. All the others are okay.
    Thank you,

• Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    Okay, forget my earlier request for a progress meter. I was only uploading one image and didn't see how things work when uploading multiple images. I like the way you implemented that.

Here's a tip for others: If you're uploading a large number of images, make sure you have upload status emails turned off! I just uploaded 330 images and got 330 emails in my inbox! :uhoh
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    amc wrote:
    ridetwistyroads...here's your bone:

No one can define .NET Framework better than Microsoft, so here's a direct quote...

The Microsoft .NET Framework is an environment for building, deploying, and running XML Web services and other applications. It consists of three main parts: the common language runtime, the Framework classes, and ASP.NET. A companion infrastructure, the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, is a set of programming interfaces that enable developers to target mobile devices like smart phones and PDAs.

So now that it's perfectly clear what NF is lol.gif, you can find it at...
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

I was rather concerned about putting this 23+ mb thingy on my PC, but I took a chance and everything seems ok. It didn't slow down my computer or anything like that, and I think it was worth it in order to use Send to Smugmug.

Thank you! I'm downloading it now - I'll report back after a while.....

Thanks again. clap.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    Alrighty then, whatta great progam! thumb.gif
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Does this software influence upload times at all? For better or worse? Connection differences?
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...