Options

A Crazy Weekend...inside!

PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
edited October 8, 2007 in Journeys
So I suppose this isn't really so much of a journey. If it get moves I understand heh. Its been a really crazy weekend so I am going to start from the beginning. I opened my first photo showing on Friday with a bunch of my friends coming out and eating some awesome carrot cake and meeting some incredible people. I have my photo's up now in a cafe called TapRoot Cafe here in Alaska. It is owned by my friend Rebecca and shes just an awesome girl. I had a few of my photo's printed here on smugmug and they turned out awesome. Sad that my check came late I had to order my prints in town in order to get them soon enough for the show. Next time I will definitely be ordering them off smugmug! Its really weird to see my pictures hanging on the wall and other people looking at them. I have a lot of people coming up to me and talking about my photo's and I still have a hard time talking about myself. Maybe I'll get used to it....maybe I wont. ;)

So after that I woke up saturday morning and spend 12 hours that day photographing an event for Visalus and Team Hollywood. Those Team Hollywood guys are a bunch of amazing people. They are a celebrity streetball team that do some great things for communities and others. They were also accompanied by a guy who plays 37 instruments! He's opened for Alicia Keys, Jessica Simpsons, and Prince to name a few. The talent in the room was electricfying. The time came for lunch and guess where everyone went to lunch? Thats right TapRoot! So I got some added attention from the team! It was really great to hang out with them and become friends rather then just shoot away and never got to offically meet. So after that they went back we shoot some photos of basketball and a dinner and now I am finally home. There were some amazing opportunities that may have opened up and tomorrow hopefully I'll get to see if I can go ahead with them. I feel alot like dgrin and smugmug have been a huge part of my growth as a photographer and that I may never have done a show without the incredible advice, support, and friendliness of everyone here. So....Thanks Everyone!!!

Heres a picture from lunch. On the far left just in the picture is Clay Johnson who played on the 1982 World Champion Lakers. There all great guys and I'll post more pictures later (since I took a gazillion) once I talk with the owner of Team Hollywood. Have to make sure it's alright first. ;)
204978378-L.jpg[HTML][/HTML]

Comments