Options

Hi Ho Silver...

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited February 24, 2005 in Sports
Caught this at a horse show late summer last year. I know the crop sucks, but she was running barrels and I wasn't prepared for the vertical shot (yeah, this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen, ha ha). She did stay on, so no worries there. What'ya think:huh ??
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Caught this at a horse show late summer last year. I know the crop sucks, but she was running barrels and I wasn't prepared for the vertical shot (yeah, this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen, ha ha). She did stay on, so no worries there. What'ya thinkeek7.gif ??
    The colors and exposure of the shot are spot on....

That is sometimes the difficulty of sports action, you certainly can plan for it, you just gotta remeber to point and click when you get the chance and sometimes the subject isnt going to be facing the way you would want. Like with even the horse say on a 45 degree angle, so you can see the faces better but still the line of the horse riding up and the rider hanging on, that would be an AWESOME shot. This one is still pretty good though. I really wanna go out and do some rodeo stuff, but it doesnt come out here very often.
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I'm impressed... Both by the shot and the girl. thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Cool shot! I love wheelies :D
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 24, 2005
    Nice capture thumb.gif

Especially, when you weren't ready for the horse to go vertical. Very nice clap.gif

The only thing that would have made it better, as Karen also mentioned, is if the faces were looking in the camera's direction. Still, for a spur-of-the-moment shot, this is definitely a keeper.

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the nice comments. I would have LOVED it if I could have been at a better angle!! I was positioned for the first barrel of the run, when they are whipping around it. This happened just after she "whipped" and her horse didn't want to continue forward. I've got a bunch of great barrel shots...but they all say proof on them. Let me know if you'd like to critique any of those as well!

Thanks again~
    Natalie
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Nice. I agree also that it would of been perfect if the girl was looking towards the camera. I would try creating the fake DOF in Photoshop, just to see how it looks.