Options

VENDOR: Business Card Printing

stokerstoker Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited October 9, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
Hello everyone, I just want to take a second and introduce myself and my company. I would also like to take this opportunity to offer all members a $5.00 discount on new orders and a $5.00 referral fee to all family's and friends.

We are an online business card company. We offer 100's of stock backgrounds and also have an option to upload your own artwork and logo's. We don't have any hidden cost or advertising gimmicks. Just 100% quality business cards at a great price.

If you would like to take advantage of our discount please email me at kim@myeasyprinting.com. Be sure to mention the dgrin offer.

P.S. I would also like to ask that you provide me with your feedback as to how we can improve our site. Our goal is to make it the most user friendly site with the best customer service around.

Oops, I was supposed to mention that $5.00 discount is good on all orders of 250 or more since we break even on the 100 card orders. However I will still offer it on a 100 card orders until 10-11-06 to all dgrin members.

http://www.myeasyprinting.com

Thanks,
Kim

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2006
    Hi Kim,

I moved your post from the Business Card thread to our Flea Market. Our mod here, DoctorIT will be in touch with you about being a vendor here :)
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 4, 2006
    Right, I'm on it. Kim, PM coming your way. If you wouldn't mind, give our Vendor Guidelines thread a read. This service definitely qualifies.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited October 4, 2006
    Thanks guys, PM sent.
    Kim
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 4, 2006
    I've updated the thread title, and Kim has offered Dgrin members a discount... look for details in an upcoming edit to the first post in this thread. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2006
    Discount? mwink.gifD

I need some business cards made!
    Lmk when you update this thread!
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    stoker wrote:
    P.S. I would also like to ask that you provide me with your feedback as to how we can improve our site. Our goal is to make it the most user friendly site with the best customer service around.

Kim one thing I immediately noticed is that your site is setup for people to build a card using your backgrounds, etc. You may also want to add something for those who want to create their own business card and just have you print it. If you have seen the "Show us your business card" thread you will see most people here prefer to design, layout, etc their own card.

Hope this helps.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Kim one thing I immediately noticed is that your site is setup for people to build a card using your backgrounds, etc. You may also want to add something for those who want to create their own business card and just have you print it. If you have seen the "Show us your business card" thread you will see most people here prefer to design, layout, etc their own card.

Hope this helps.

bham, thanks for the comments. We do offer that under the "upload your own background" option. You have to make sure you size your artwork correctly. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Kim
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    You might want to add some info for folks who aren't pros. Looking through your site I was left wondering what "4/0, 4/1 and 4/4" mean, what 12pt vs 14pt is, what kind of equipment you are printing on, the weight of the card stock (maybe that's 12pt or 14pt?), if the cards are glossy or not...all sorts of stuff that a newb like myself has no clue about. my $0.02 worth.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2006
    You may also consider adding info about your company: who you are, who the principles are, where you are located, etc. to help us feel better about who we are dealing with...
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    You might want to add some info for floks who aren't pros. Looking through your site I was left wondering what "4/0, 4/1 and 4/4" mean, what 12pt vs 14pt is, what kind of equipment you are printing on, the weight of the card stock (maybe that's 12pt or 14pt?), if the cards are glossy or not...all sorts of stuff that a newb like myself has no clue about. my $0.02 worth.

Thanks DJ-S1, I like the feedback from newbies as well since we are trying to make our site so EASY even a novice can order from us.

Thank,
    Kim
  • Options
    GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    This is great! thumb.gif
    Been wanting to get my own Biz cards for awhile now.

Be nice if we can use our own background images.
    Also be nice if there is a alternate form of payment.
    Paypal or MO as some of us don't use credit cards!

Email has been sent.
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    rgbivensrgbivens Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2006
    Just another comment to add to the pile...

I'm at my parents house and on a dial-up connection. Your site was taking quite awhile to load. Espically on the backgrounds lists. I looked at the images and you should be able to resize the pictures a little smaller and maybe reduce the quality a tad (not to disrupt the visual appearance) to lower the image file size to around 10 Kb's each or so.

Also on the page where you add your information to view a preview of your card takes a really long time to load. I left the room for a few minutes and came back and it still wasn't loaded. So you might want to check on that.

Cheers,
    -Grant
    Cameras: Nikon D200 w/grip, Nikon D70, Samsung NV11
    Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Nikkor 17-80mm f/3.5-4, Nikkor 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Lensbaby 2.0
    Accessories: Nikon SB-800, (2X) Old Flash Units, (4X) Poverty Wizards, GF Lightsphere, (3X) Lightstand and umbrella, Sandisk Extreme III 4.0 GB, Sandisk Ultra II 2.0 GB, Transcend 1.0 GB
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2006
    rgbivens wrote:
    Just another comment to add to the pile...

I'm at my parents house and on a dial-up connection. Your site was taking quite awhile to load. Espically on the backgrounds lists. I looked at the images and you should be able to resize the pictures a little smaller and maybe reduce the quality a tad (not to disrupt the visual appearance) to lower the image file size to around 10 Kb's each or so.

Also on the page where you add your information to view a preview of your card takes a really long time to load. I left the room for a few minutes and came back and it still wasn't loaded. So you might want to check on that.

Cheers,
    -Grant

Thanks Grant, we are working on the loading issue.
    Kim
  • Options
    pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    ...I was left wondering what "4/0, 4/1 and 4/4" mean

Good point and fyi 4/1 is color one side and black on the back side. 4/4 is color both sides.

Overall, the site looks pretty good. I think the page where you build your card could use some work. It is a little confusing as currently shown. Maybe show a larger copy of the template with the text labeled so that you know what text you're entering into each box.
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2006
    4/0 is four colors on the front, plain white on the back.
    4/1 is four colors on front and one color on back.
    4/4 is four colors on front and back.

We will do an explanation on the site soon.

Thanks for all your comments. We are taking your advice and tweaking the site.

Kim
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    stoker wrote:
    4/0 is four colors on the front, plain white on the back.
    4/1 is four colors on front and one color on back.
    4/4 is four colors on front and back.

Ah, so 4 being CMYK. Got it. Kinda figured that, but I didn't want to assume.
  • Options
    burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2006
    what about the paper? are you using 15pt card stock, or ??
  • Options
    pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    A couple of other things I noticed after playing with the site last night:

1. There doesn't appear to be an option for saving a design in progress. This would be helpful for several reasons, e.g. a secretary parking a design to await the boss' approval, having to run off to take care of other business, etc.

2. There is no vertical format option. Though landscape is the traditional format, there really isn't a reason to preclude a portrait layout.

Another piece of data that may be on the site but that I didn't notice is the print method. Is the lettering raised? I'm assuming not.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2006
    last question:

whats the total with the discount? with shipping? $17 shipping for a 1lb-2lb item is a bit much. would you switch over to usps priority mail? its only 7-8 dollars (at most) flat rate or less depending on weight w/ delivery confirmation.
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2006
    Thanks everyone for your input. The site is now running faster and we do have the payment options on the front page to include PayPal. We are still working on some of the other issues brought up by you guys.

Thanks,
    Kim
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    Hi Kim,

Another question for you... how do I upload a business card I have created? All I see is a place for a background. Is that where I should upload it?

Thanks.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    Hi Kim,

Another question for you... how do I upload a business card I have created? All I see is a place for a background. Is that where I should upload it?

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been real busy. After you click on business cards, click on the browse button to search your computer for the card you have created. Make sure it is the right size (1088x638).

Let me know if there is anything else you might need.:D
    Kim
  • Options
    yoyoboyyoyoboy Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2007
    I haven't gone through the whole build a card bit yet, but can I order 3 or 4 different card designs for the same price as getting one printed?
    Thanks,
    Brendan Larrabee
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2007
    stoker wrote:
    If you would like to take advantage of our discount please email me at kim@myeasyprinting.com. Be sure to mention the dgrin offer.

<snip>

Thanks,
    Kim
    Bump with a question Kim. Is there still a discount for dgrin members? Please check your email...