Options

SmugMug Album Downloader

Brian.SlickBrian.Slick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hello all,

I am new to the community and I'd like to say I'm excited to be a part of this. A primary reason why I signed up for SmugMug a year ago was because of the API they offer. Well I've finally taken advantage of this API and built an application with it. It is an album downloader. The app will let you download an entire album to your harddrive, similar to "AlbumFetcher", but my app will also let you choose and save specific images from from an album rather than saving the entire thing. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think. http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMug%20Album%20Downloader. If your computer does not have the dotnet framework 2.0 installed, you'll have to install this from Microsoft (https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en). The application's app config will also have to be modified to include your username and password.

When architecting this, I decided to create a dll which handles all the SmugMug API calls and deserializes the responses into business objects. I also chose to write this in C# taking advantage of the .Net Framework 2.0. I see that there is one built using JAVA, however this is a good start for anyone who writes in Visual Basic or C#. It was written to support the app I was writing, but the code is flexible where you can easily add more features that works with more of the SmugMug API. If anyone thinks it is worth spending more effort on or if anyone needs help using it, let me know.

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 7, 2007
    G'day Brian,

This sounds great...I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Thanks for developing this...and welcome wave.gif

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    Brian.SlickBrian.Slick Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 10, 2007
    Thank you to everyone that notified me I had personal smugmug info in the source code of my application. I've updated the source code I have on the Wiki and I have changed my smugmug password.