Options

Ummm... B&H fire

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
edited March 1, 2005 in The Big Picture
Anyone got any orders in the que at B&H?

Their warehouse burned down today. :wow Here is the story:
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_022405_brooklynnavyyardfire.html#

The main store is OK, this was an unattached warehouse incident. Nobody hurt, it seems.
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Whew. Thanks for posting this. That's gonna be a major blow to their business.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    Good doG, I sold all my lenses except the L, was going to order a 70-200 f4 L
    from GUESS WHOMs next week.

@ by IPod, and I am sure of something else, and now B&H goes and burns down!

Geez.......... I am finding it hard to keep my cool here.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Good doG, I sold all my lenses except the L, was going to order a 70-200 f4 L
    from GUESS WHOMs next week.

@ by IPod, and I am sure of something else, and now B&H goes and burns down!

Geez.......... I am finding it hard to keep my cool here.

ginger

b&h is fine ginger. they have your 70-200 f/4L in the basement of their storre on 9th avenue deal.gif order with confidence!

how'd you get burnt by ipod? ear.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    andy wrote:
    b&h is fine ginger. they have your 70-200 f/4L in the basement of their storre on 9th avenue deal.gif order with confidence!

how'd you get burnt by ipod? ear.gif

Prolly the updates. You know about that, right, Andy?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Anyone got any orders in the que at B&H?

Their warehouse burned down today. :wow Here is the story:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_022405_brooklynnavyyardfire.html#

The main store is OK, this was an unattached warehouse incident. Nobody hurt, it seems.
    This is just unfreaking believable:cry I ordered a 200mm f2.8L just this morning my first time ever with B&H and first time ever from a Internet site.

I hope they have stock in store or else...gerg.gif
    If it were not for bad luck I would not have any luck at all.
    Glad no one is hurt.

Tim
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    If they don't I have my Canon 70-200L f/4 up for sale, 4 months old :)
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2005
    I just ordered a used flash and the canon semi hard case (present for my dad) for the 20D. I hope both of these items were in stock in the store. This sucks. Now I'm gonna be paranoid till I get it.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    the director of distribution ( B and H Photo ) posted on dpreview.com ( 3ood forum ) that damage was minor and warehouse will reopen again by weekend......

troy
    I just ordered a used flash and the canon semi hard case (present for my dad) for the 20D. I hope both of these items were in stock in the store. This sucks. Now I'm gonna be paranoid till I get it.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    the director of distribution ( B and H Photo ) posted on dpreview.com ( 3ood forum ) that damage was minor and warehouse will reopen again by weekend......

troy
    Good for them, glad to hear it. thanks for the update.

Anyone wanna by a slightly wet TV? naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Well I think I will find out in the A.M. how things are, if I have a fedex tracking number things are OK, if not...:cry

keeping my fingers crossed.

Tim
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Whats the problem? If b&h doesnt have it, just order it off of one of the other good camera stores that has a good reputation, the prices all seem to be along the same area, if not exactly the same. At least thats the way it has been the last few times ive priced stuff.

Be sort of ironic if there was no pictures of the fire, hehe.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited February 25, 2005
    GerryDavid wrote:
    Be sort of ironic if there was no pictures of the fire, hehe.
    Pictures and video were linked within the story at the beginning of this thread. Don't know if they're still active a day later though.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    windoze wrote:

troy

that would be henry posner and he's a member here, too. if you want to ever contact him, send him an email. he monitors our forum.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    GerryDavid wrote:
    Whats the problem? If b&h doesnt have it, just order it off of one of the other good camera stores that has a good reputation, the prices all seem to be along the same area, if not exactly the same. At least thats the way it has been the last few times ive priced stuff.
    Well the "problem is"I have already ordered it and paid for it. eek7.gif
    So far I have not gotten any emails stating my order has been delayed so hopefully things are good.:):

Tim
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    I just got my tracking number. My items shipped yesterday. My order was placed at 11am. Shakey call the number on the invoice 800-221-.... and you should be able to get a tracking number. I got an order status email from them just now but it was blank. ne_nau.gif
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    I just got in,and opened email and my order just got shipped whohoo!!!:D

Tim
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    I got my order today kinda. The canon 20 semi-hard case wasn't in the box and no information on where it is so I have to call them tomorrow. The flash I bought... Wrong flash. My mistake I was excited I was getting the flash and read it wrong. Thought it said 420EX but is was an EZ. Anyone know what there return policy is? Will they let me return this or exchange it for a flash that will work on my 10D?:cry :cry :cry :uhoh
    www.zxstudios.com
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    I got my order today kinda. The canon 20 semi-hard case wasn't in the box and no information on where it is so I have to call them tomorrow. The flash I bought... Wrong flash. My mistake I was excited I was getting the flash and read it wrong. Thought it said 420EX but is was an EZ. Anyone know what there return policy is? Will they let me return this or exchange it for a flash that will work on my 10D?:cry :cry :cry :uhoh

yeah, call them, speak to the returns dept and get an rma number.. . they'll take it back, no questions asked. deal.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    ow. that bites. sorry. i'm sure it's a one-off.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Thank you. :D After waking up to 8 inches of snow on top of the already 6 inches of snow on the ground this morning, then this. I just keep thinking of Yosemite, and Tampa Bay. :D I can't wait to get on the plane at the end of this month.
    www.zxstudios.com