Options

Bridal Session - Oct 6 (2 images)

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited October 12, 2007 in Weddings
A couple from a bridal session on Oct 6.

Some clients you just work for. Some you find interesting. Stephanie is a lot of fun, something that I have come to realize more and more after working with her on this, our second session together (the first was the e-session). What's really nice about working with her, in addition to her being a "real" person, is that she really wants good photographs and is willing to work just a bit for them. A real pleasure.

As always, C&C welcome/encouraged/solicited. Thanks for looking...

1. I managed to get on where she's more relaxed, allowing her personality to really show through.
206917266-M.jpg

2. This one is done a lot, but I thought it was very appropriate for Stephanie. She has wonderful brown eyes and very nice skin - It just seemed to work.
206916433-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited October 12, 2007
    I like that second shot a lot. Nicely done. thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    Scott

I shot my first wedding a few months ago. Mostly as an experiment to see if it was something I could handle, and also to find out if it was something I even wanted to pursue. New to this I insisted on going the whole 9 yards. E-session, Pre wedding bridals, and FULL day coverage on the wedding day and of course the reception. I also made sure that I was at the rehearsal so I could have better than an educated guess on what the lighting situation would be.

They were very stiff and uncomfortable at the beginning of the E- session, but by the end they were getting into it a little better. They loved the engagement pics, and were then really excited about having me do the rest of the work. He wasn't at the bridal shoot, but she was very comfortable and relaxed throughout. By wedding day we were friends, which helped everyone...including me relax.

I learned from this that the E session might be the most important step in the relationship. Our job at that point is to teach them to trust us, a job that isn't complete until you put in their hand a set of knockout engagement photos. Then the deal is sealed.

She wouldn't be nearly as pleasant to work with had you not made her feel that you were giving her your absolute best effort.

And we all know you did!!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Scott

I shot my first wedding a few months ago. Mostly as an experiment to see if it was something I could handle, and also to find out if it was something I even wanted to pursue. New to this I insisted on going the whole 9 yards. E-session, Pre wedding bridals, and FULL day coverage on the wedding day and of course the reception. I also made sure that I was at the rehearsal so I could have better than an educated guess on what the lighting situation would be.

They were very stiff and uncomfortable at the beginning of the E- session, but by the end they were getting into it a little better. They loved the engagement pics, and were then really excited about having me do the rest of the work. He wasn't at the bridal shoot, but she was very comfortable and relaxed throughout. By wedding day we were friends, which helped everyone...including me relax.

I learned from this that the E session might be the most important step in the relationship. Our job at that point is to teach them to trust us, a job that isn't complete until you put in their hand a set of knockout engagement photos. Then the deal is sealed.

She wouldn't be nearly as pleasant to work with had you not made her feel that you were giving her your absolute best effort.

And we all know you did!!
    This is why I try to talk the B&G into the E-Session. I even do it as a loss leader because, just as you say, I get a lot of benefit from doing it. With this B&G, I did shoot the E-Session and they like the results so much that they have purchases some prints.

I just got an e-mail from the bride:
    Thanks for posting so quickly - I think they came out pretty good. My Mom said to tell you she even approved!! :-)

and the MOB was a little unsure about how things were going to go; I don't think she quite trusted that I was serious about making good photos of her daughter.

And, thanks for the vote of confidence. I ALWAYS give it my best effort - even when I don't really like the Bride and/or the groom. They have paid me to do my very best and I always put forth all the effort and skill I know how.

Oh, and BTW, what did you decide about shooting weddings? Are you going to go for it? It really helps if you have a passion for capturing the emotion. Sometimes that's all that makes the effort worth while, what with brides and MOBs getting so stressed on the big day - sometimes it makes things a little trying.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2007
    I love the second one. It is unique and she looks beautiful.