Options

day in a boy's life (harry 6 img)

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited October 15, 2007 in People
Luckily yesterday was cloudy enough to put my flash away! haven't shot natural light in what seems like ages. We went to Nashville, Indiana which is a very artsy, touristy town. Harry was insanely busy running around, squealing, and making a general mess of himself. Here's a few examples.

1. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (hey, at least he caught it)
207925586-L-1.jpg

2. Channeling James Dean while watching the street performers (heh, he WAS a Hoosier after all)
207925307-L-1.jpg

3. Wrapped around mom's little finger.
207925079-L-1.jpg

4. Jumping like a frog and saying "Ribbbbat! Ribbbbbat!"
207925836-L-1.jpg

5. Putting on a free show for all the old ladies.
207943773-L.jpg

6. End of the day: 8 filthy fingernails, one bruise under eye, one strawberry on forehead. Oh and I think it's time to fill my pants. Today was a good day!
207926508-L-1.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Wow
    My goodness you have a knack. I want that look. You do it so well Lynne. These are great photographs and love the way you processed them....care to share your secrets? Excellent!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    What a cutie and you got some really great shots!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 14, 2007
    very nice lynne!-
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Yup, these'll do in a pinch :D He is such a gorgeous young man!

I really, really like #2 - channeling James Dean.

Well done!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Love #2, but then I saw #3 and just MELTED!!!!! Absolutely adorable! Love the triptych, too. This is a fantastic series, Lynne, and the best thing is that they are shots of your little Harry! Your processing just shines in these, you are progressing in leaps and bounds!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    3 is by far my favorite. The expression is beyond his years. A true keeper. well done urbanclap.gif
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    This is another awesome set you have here. Great captures all, but 3 and 6 are my picks of the bunch. 3 is adorable and 6....well 6 breaks some rules....we all like to do that....and you just gotta love the scratched brow and dirt under the nails. What I like best about these are that they are not the prettied-up story book looking images we typically see, but are instead a true reflection of this little man and his personality(which he seems to have an abundance of). What I like worst about these is that I don't have a knack for the inventive fresh things you do with your clients and camera.

bowdown.gif

Thanks for inspiring...and sharing!!
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Wonderful!!!! wings.gif

Love the colors, the range of expressions, the PP...and LOVE #3! Make it BIG!!! clap.gifclap.gif Congrats on your fun day and fab pics!

Sigh...I have soooo much to learn.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    My goodness you have a knack. I want that look. You do it so well Lynne. These are great photographs and love the way you processed them....care to share your secrets? Excellent!
    What nice compliments, Dave! These were all processed in Lightroom, the colored ones with a nice S tone curve and using the clarity tool at 50%, it acts as a high pass filter of sorts. In the triptych I used vignette and played with the blue and aqua channels until I got the punchy look I was after.

The "sepia" tone one was done with a preset that ships with Lr called "Lith" effect.

The black and whites were done in LR too, I just try to get them as contrasty as possible without blowing skin out. Obviously, I don't worry too much about plugging the blacks. ::uhoh

Thanks again for your awesome feedback! clap.gif
    cutie02sq wrote:
    What a cutie and you got some really great shots!!!
    Heh Steph, it takes a cutie to know one! :D Thanks for looking! Your little guy is about this age right? (30 months) They never sit still!
    gefillmore wrote:
    very nice lynne!-
    Thanks George--!

Yup, these'll do in a pinch :D He is such a gorgeous young man!
    I really, really like #2 - channeling James Dean.
    Thanks Scott! He really is growing up and I needed to shoot him more often! #2 is a fave of mine too. He can be so intense! Wonder where he gets that from? headscratch.gifrofl
    saurora wrote:
    Wow, wow, WOW!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Love #2, but then I saw #3 and just MELTED!!!!! Absolutely adorable! Love the triptych, too. This is a fantastic series, Lynne, and the best thing is that they are shots of your little Harry! Your processing just shines in these, you are progressing in leaps and bounds!!!
    Oh man, Susan, your post made my day and brought me almost to tears! Yes it gets frustrating shooting other peoples' kids and then not getting the same results out of your own. I was really happy with the series today and am so glad you all like them too! It's fun when the "fam" here on dgrin cherishes shots of your own kids like they knew them! Thanks for your feedback! And as a mom to a boy, I knew you'd like #3 too!!! iloveyou.gif
    1220 wrote:
    3 is by far my favorite. The expression is beyond his years. A true keeper. well done urbanclap.gif
    Awww thanks! That one sure stole my heart as well! He's definitely looking too mature for being only 2.5. Thanks for commenting!
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    This is another awesome set you have here. Great captures all, but 3 and 6 are my picks of the bunch. 3 is adorable and 6....well 6 breaks some rules....we all like to do that....and you just gotta love the scratched brow and dirt under the nails. What I like best about these are that they are not the prettied-up story book looking images we typically see, but are instead a true reflection of this little man and his personality(which he seems to have an abundance of). What I like worst about these is that I don't have a knack for the inventive fresh things you do with your clients and camera.
    Hiya Jeff! 3 seems to be going over well....ne_nau.gifrofland it's cool you like 6 too! After jumping around on that porch nonstop, he just stopped, laid down and put his face in his hands, it was the cutest and most unexpected "pose" all day! And of course it only lasted exactly 3 frames so I'm glad I was on alert. Kids are definitely a different animal than adults/teens, you can't really force them to do something, you just have to have quick reflexes and anticipate the action (like sports!) I like real life, the gritty dirty funny stuff. Glad you like it too!!!
    elaine wrote:
    Love the colors, the range of expressions, the PP...and LOVE #3! Make it BIG!!! clap.gifclap.gif Congrats on your fun day and fab pics! Sigh...I have soooo much to learn.
    First of all if anyone has gorgeous natural light shots of their son, it's YOU! Thanks for the rave reviews! I have been concentrating on "work" shoots so much lately, I had forgotten how much fun it was to shoot someone you adore. What good is being a photographer if you don't have wall-worthy shots of your own cuties? And yeah...#3 is going to be huge somewhere in my house!!! Now, to clear a wall.... headscratch.gifD
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Your little guy is about this age right? (30 months) They never sit still!

Yep he is 28 months and I cannot get a good shot of him for the life of me. Your little ones looks much better behaved...lol. =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2007
    Wonderful series. I love the expressions in #2 and #3. I especially like #3, the composition, the lighting and the eyes.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    OMG! These are stunning! #2,3,6 are my absolute favorites. I jsut LOVE LOVE #6 - he's such a boy and I love it!

These are really awesome. Wow!!!
  • Options
    adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Great shots! I just love the comments on them too - a wonderful story! Really nice work!
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Lynne,
    These are fantastic. I love the pose and the look in #3. The last one is just a classic. Great how you caught the detail in his fingers and the dirt under his nails. All boy!!!!iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    GREAT captures clap.gif --your little boy is beautiful in a manly way! I enjoyed looking and seeing the masculine/all boy as I have 3 girls. Please blow some of your wonderful talent my way!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Most excellent.

207925079-S-1.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 15, 2007
    lookin' good lynne-