Options

LPS 14 Unofficial Feedback

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited October 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, here we go. Non-judges, please post your feedback, picks and comments on the LPS#14 here.

First of all, my humble selection:

208399195-L.jpg

Since I'm not judging this one I didn't limit myself to the top ten. They are not also ordered.
I must add that some pictures didn't make it here simply due to the fact that they are most likely to be DQ-ed (frames, no exif, author is a judge, etc.).

Other than that - great job, everybody! I like to see some new talents showing up! :thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    top%2010.jpg

Some amazing shots this round bowdown.gif Here are my favorites in no particular order.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    here are my favs.

lps14favs.jpg

Some really wonderful work everyone!
  • Options
    peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    My top 12:

208472386-L.jpg

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    clap.gif Some great entries this time around. You guys gave me such hard time deciding!!!

In no particular order:

#53 - drdane - Inner Truth Revealed. Loved the rich colors and the texture. Nice work!

#32 - pemmet - Layers of Love. As much as I liked your lizard shot I'm glad you settled on this one. The subtle shades of white that you captured are lovely. And yes, I definitely see "smooth" here.

#23 - VisualExpressions - well ripened. I don't know where you found this guy, but his expression is priceless!! Nothing smooth about this character. rolleyes1.gif

#24 - HoofClix - Breaking Glass. Great caption and concept.

#25 - Llywellyn - Dream of the Dryad. I love the final outcome of this one. The new background rocks! thumb.gif

#28 - The Curious Camel - Solitude. That's about as smooth as it gets! Nice!!!

#11 - thebigsky - Laughter Lines. Love the textures and the crop.

#12 - sunsetsailor - Beach Litter. The subtle light on these eroded roots is lovely.

#13 - sherstone - leg liberation. Nice, smooth shave! mwink.gif Very creative!!!!

#15 - Nikolai - Verboten. Wow!!!

#19 - Greensquared - The Ent. Love it!

#2 - MarkTodd - Breakfast Paradise. Absolutely delicious!
  • Options
    HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    My thoughts...
    1) Solitude – This is clearly the best of this round. Nice colors, nice smooth water, and excellent composition.
    2) Ripened – Excellent BW conversion. Nice tones. Awesome shot.
    3) Inner Truth – Wow…lovely colors. Excellent capture.
    4) Verboten – Love the use of light here. Right on theme.
    5) Ent – Nice combination of vision, composition, and Photoshop.
    6) Layer of Love – Nice work. Love the whites.
    7) Red Door – Love the weathering of the door that you captured.
    8) Going with the flow – Love this shot. Nice exposure.
    9) Cherry - Fantastic still live that you have captured. Love the tones, the colors, and the texture of this piece.
    10) River Silk – Nice work.

Honorable Mention:

Sail through Time – This could have very easily been my favorite. Love the colors, the shadows of the people…I just don’t see the theme at all here. IMHO.

Where is Sammy? – Nice capture. Love the clean, clear reflection.

Thanks,

Jon
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Good Luck to everyone...Nice choices here....except that I think Pemmet has the wrong selection for "SPIKE" it was reverted back to its original entry.......

Good Luck Again!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    For those who were wondering who my model was for "well ripened"... that would be none other than my nutty Father-in-Law... He was a real good sport to pose for the contest shoot...

In the order they were posted:
    #8 eye see you: the shot is kind of creepy, I think because of the selective color, but I like it, very smooth.
    #11 laughter lines: very craggy, think it would have been better if I could see all of his nose.
    #15 Verboten: had to look that up, I like rusty bobwire.
    #19 the ent: love it! I tried to do a project once where I went looking for trees with natural faces... any way good job, looks like he's yawning.
    #25 dream of the dryad: good choice for the background, very nice capture and post processing.
    #28 solitude: I love it! great capture.
    #32 layers of love: very soothing image!
    #38 the burren: what can I say, this image defines craggy.
    #53 inner truth revealed: cool shot.
    #62 cherry: I love it! definately a wall hanger.
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Good Luck to everyone...Nice choices here....except that I think Pemmet has the wrong selection for "SPIKE" it was reverted back to its original entry.......

Good Luck Again!!

Hmm..no, he's got the final entry.

Thanks Pemmet!
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    LPS #14 Favorites
    Here's my top ten in no particular order, along with some honorable mentions. Once again, I had a really tough time not adding more to this list!
    208635626-L.jpg
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    My top ten
    In no particular order...

# 9 : Spike
    # 11: Laughter lines
    # 12: Beach litter
    # 32: Layers of love
    # 27: Whiteface mountain
    # 28: Solitude
    # 44: The red door
    # 53: Inner truth revealed
    # 56: Plumage
    # 68: Icemaker

Honorable mentions:

# 13: Leg liberation
    # 19: the Ent
    # 15: Verboten

It was tough to narrow it down - 'craggy' esp. was intrepreted in so many ways. And as usual, great shots everyone!

P.S. I'm glad I made it to at least one person's list (thanks, Pemmet!)
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    hamster wrote:
    Hmm..no, he's got the final entry.

Thanks Pemmet!

Ok I must be confused, cuz your original entry was a smaller spike in the lower corner with blue b/g, then you submitted another with the spike enlarged more centered with a white b/g, and now I see your entry is back to the first one, smaller spike with the blue b/g.

Maybe I'm seeing things...my apologies then.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    No need to apologize - I think if you hit refresh while you are on that page, the correct one will show. I hope the correct one showed for the judging!
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    hamster wrote:
    No need to apologize - I think if you hit refresh while you are on that page, the correct one will show. I hope the correct one showed for the judging!

I must admit I changed my mind alot during the last hour before the end of the competition, so depending on when you last looked at my entry, depends on what you would have seen :-) In the end I went with the flower - all because of the feedback I got from the group - thanks everyone :-)
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course