Options

Reset Popular Photos on my website

krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited October 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Need some help here please. I've searched the forum but have not found my answer. I want to reset all of the photos on my website so that I can start the "most popular photos" feature from scratch.

How do I do this?

Thanks...krh

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 18, 2006
    krh100 wrote:
    Need some help here please. I've searched the forum but have not found my answer. I want to reset all of the photos on my website so that I can start the "most popular photos" feature from scratch.

How do I do this?

Thanks...krh

Hi :)

You can do a couple of things. If you want to reset them all, the best thing to do is to go into each gallery, click on gallery tools and then customize gallery, then scroll down to the section where popular photos is and turn it off. Hit save and exit from the gallery. You can then go back in and turn it on. That will reset that gallery.

If it is just a photo or two you want to reset, you can either upload replacement photos, rotate them, or give them a thumbs down.

There is no way to just do a global reset. Sorry :(
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    krh100krh100 Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    Barb wrote:

You can do a couple of things. If you want to reset them all, the best thing to do is to go into each gallery, click on gallery tools and then customize gallery, then scroll down to the section where popular photos is and turn it off. Hit save and exit from the gallery. You can then go back in and turn it on. That will reset that gallery.

If it is just a photo or two you want to reset, you can either upload replacement photos, rotate them, or give them a thumbs down.

Thank YOU Barb!!!!!

Kent
  • Options
    Michael LandryMichael Landry Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2007
    Hi all - I want to enable the Most Popular Photos on my home page, but there are some photos on there that I don't want included. They are primarily from one gallery.

I followed Barb's instructions below, turned off PhotoRank and saved it; then I re-entered, turned ON PhotoRank, and saved again. All the photos are still in my gallery.

Any other ideas on how to handle this? I would also be open to resetting my favorite photos globally, but I'm guessing that's still not an option...?

Thanks!
    Michael
    Barb wrote:

---
    Michael Landry Photography, LLC
    http://www.michaellandry.com
    photos@michaellandry.com