Options

My Kid playing Basketball sorta...

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited February 25, 2005 in Sports
Well one of my first Basketball attempts. A lot of throw away shots I tried to get pictures of my daughter with the ball in the frame but lol She's not gonna be in the Olympics for BBall.:D Just as I aint gonna be there for SI:rofl

Foul !for Looking so Good:lust
16348743-M.jpg

And the big action shot of the night...:rolleyes
16348748-M.jpg

Well Thats about it. I got a lot of hands and Basketballs infront of my daughters face lol. Oh well.

Shot with 50mm 1.8 1/320 ISO800 1.8

Tim

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited February 23, 2005
    The B&W treatment works nicely in the second shot. Her face is sharp and you
    can see the eyes. Good job!

My only suggestion for the first shot would be to try and custom whitebalance
    in the gym. Either using a coffee filter over the lens, a Expodisk or grey card.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 23, 2005
    You get an "A" for effort Tim ^5
    At this level, you're most likely not going to have the lighting, or the players to get SI level shots.....lol Just getting pics of your kids playing an indoor sport is a feat, IMO. Plus, it's difficult to watch the game (or your child playing) and take pics too :-) You did come away with some digital memories of the game. That's about all you can ask for.

I agree with Ian's PP suggestions. Keep shooting and eventually you will get some pretty cool shots. If she sticks with it, the lighting will get better as she gets older...lol

Thanks for sharing and hope her team won clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    She's a winner alright. Good shots thumb.gif My daughter plays the piano. Not many action shots there. rolleyes1.gif As long as they love what they do, I'm happy.

You should be very proud!

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    johno wrote:
    She's a winner alright. Good shots thumb.gif My daughter plays the piano. Not many action shots there. rolleyes1.gif As long as they love what they do, I'm happy.

You should be very proud!

peace.
    johno~
    Thanks Johno I am:D very proud.
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    The B&W treatment works nicely in the second shot. Her face is sharp and you
    can see the eyes. Good job!

My only suggestion for the first shot would be to try and custom whitebalance
    in the gym. Either using a coffee filter over the lens, a Expodisk or grey card.

Ian
    Yes I have to get comfortable with custom White balance thanks for the comments . I must get out of complacencey in my photography.
    First thing in the A.M I am going to play with Custom WB.

Steve thanks for the encouragement thumb.gif Ill keep working at it and hopefully not post to many Daddy loves Daughter in sports shots and get something with substance.

Shakey looks up ....waaaay up at the bar set in this forum :uhoh .

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Nice shots. All the pics of my 6 year old playing basketball were lousy. Between the lighting in the gym and the fact that I only seemed to get a view of his back or side made all my pics mediocre. Keep up the good work.

mitch