Part 2-Senior Portrait

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in People
Processed some more pics of the senior that I shot on 10/14/07.

Hope you don't mind looking at some more...

208789375-L.jpg

208782145-L.jpg

208783925-L.jpg

208784275-L.jpg

208784955-L.jpg

208785748-L.jpg

208786048-L.jpg

208788924-L.jpg
Randy

Comments

• DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    My first thought....no way in heck that is a high school senior!!!

I thought I was safe seinding my son off to high school this year...beautiful girl!!!

I really like the pics, I am way too green to comment on composition, but I do think the lighting is amazing! Also love the poses...n more sitting next to the waterfall in the backyard looking liek you are trying not to fall in (what a senior pic was back in my day).
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    TNicole wrote:
    My first thought....no way in heck that is a high school senior!!!

I thought I was safe seinding my son off to high school this year...beautiful girl!!!

I really like the pics, I am way too green to comment on composition, but I do think the lighting is amazing! Also love the poses...n more sitting next to the waterfall in the backyard looking liek you are trying not to fall in (what a senior pic was back in my day).

Thanks Tiffany,

Yep, she's 17 and a senior. --- Also, a stunning beauty bowdown.gif

The most perfect skin I have ever seen! [Edit] I meant with the exception of my wife's rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Times are a changing, better keep up.
    Randy
  • DizzleDizzle Registered Users Posts: 240 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    rwells wrote:
    Thanks Tiffany,

Yep, she's 17 and a senior. --- Also, a stunning beauty bowdown.gif

The most perfect skin I have ever seen!

Times are a changing, better keep up rolleyes1.gif

I have a 15yo and a 13yo...boys! And the girls at their schools...look like her...oh boy oh boy!!!

I can't wait to see Prom pictures of her!
    Dizzle
    DeNic Photography | Portfolio | Group Blog
    Canon 50D | 50 1.8 | 17-50 2.8 | 70-200 4L
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    You did well thumb.gif

Did you do anything special to the eyes in #3, #4 and (less so) in #5?
    The eyes are so white on my (uncalibrated) monitor, they 'jump out' of the image almost and look a bit un-real.
    edited October 16, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    You did well thumb.gif

Did you do anything special to the eyes in #3, #4 and (less so) in #5?
    The eyes are so white on my (uncalibrated) monitor, they 'jump out' of the image almost and look a bit un-real.

Thanks,

Nope, I didn't do any whitening to the eyes. She's still young and living right I guess rolleyes1.gif

That's funny though, I brought down the briteness of her teeth 3 times. She may have the brightest teeth of any human being alive!
    Randy
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    More stunning shots! I love #6... the one where she is sitting in the doorway.. and the last one... my faves... but all great shots!
    edited October 16, 2007
    adpace wrote:
    More stunning shots! I love #6... the one where she is sitting in the doorway.. and the last one... my faves... but all great shots!

Thanks Angela,

That shot really shows how long-legged she is.
    Randy
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2007
    ok i don't care what you say...she is sooo not 17! :D

With that said, i am very drawn to #2. I like how different it is from the rest of the shots. The pose is very high fashion model and not so much commercial magazine. Great job!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
    edited October 16, 2007
    ok i don't care what you say...she is sooo not 17! :D

With that said, i am very drawn to #2. I like how different it is from the rest of the shots. The pose is very high fashion model and not so much commercial magazine. Great job!

Hahaha...

It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but I lean heavily toward that picture also. I was looking around and I noticed the light highlighting those ceiling joist, and I just had to try and get a good shot of her with those as the background, but without shooting "up her nose" too bad.

I think it worked.

NOTE: All but the last shot were taken with available light and a reflector. The last shot was taken using a 580EX and a reflector for the bg.

Thanks for the nice comments.
    Randy
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    I like your framing in all the shots. My faves are 6, 8, and 2.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 17, 2007
    lighting, comp, posing, bg, treatment-

I'm impressed, fwiw-
    edited October 17, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    I like your framing in all the shots. My faves are 6, 8, and 2.

I'm partial to #2.

#6 - I was going to have her prop one leg up against the door frame, but those long legs wouldn't allow it. It turned out this way though.

#8 - I wanted to frame her hair with the curved plaster on the brick wall. This is the only shot posted here that was with artificial light.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited October 17, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    lighting, comp, posing, bg, treatment-

I'm impressed, fwiw-

Thanks George,

And it's worth a lot!

I appreciate your time and comments.
    Randy
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2007
    These are all really nice. But #2 is my favorite. We often avoid shots of the model looking down, but I don't think you could pick an angle that would make her look even slightly less than gorgeous.
    edited October 17, 2007
    Shane422 wrote:
    These are all really nice. But #2 is my favorite. We often avoid shots of the model looking down, but I don't think you could pick an angle that would make her look even slightly less than gorgeous.

I agree, It would have been hard to take a picture that looked bad with her in it :D

I wanted that shot with the highlighted ceiling joist as the background, and there was only one way to go about it, so, that's what I did.

Thanks for the comments.
    Randy
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 18, 2007
    I was all ready to light you up for overprocessing these to make her teeth so white and skin so perfect... then I read the posts and realized you hadnt! geez.

a. that girl is gonna eat them alive and
    b. shes so photogenic I think even I can take a good shot of her.

well done. I love the work you did on 2 and 4, great angles. I also really love the color and grit you captured in the last shot, but I would have preferred a more sultry/sexy... serious expression for that setting.

(I cant believe I said sultry in a post about a 17 yr old)

anyway... thanks for sharing, very, very well done sir.
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
    edited October 18, 2007
    1220 wrote:
    I was all ready to light you up for over-processing these to make her teeth so white and skin so perfect... then I read the posts and realized you hadn't! geez.

a. that girl is gonna eat them alive and
    b. shes so photogenic I think even I can take a good shot of her.

well done. I love the work you did on 2 and 4, great angles. I also really love the color and grit you captured in the last shot, but I would have preferred a more sultry/sexy... serious expression for that setting.

(I cant believe I said sultry in a post about a 17 yr old)

anyway... thanks for sharing, very, very well done sir.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

This girl has almost unbelievable skin, teeth, eyes, etc...

I don't know if you saw the link that I made available to a full size version, but it tells the tale of the perfect skin.
    Randy
  • caughtnactioncaughtnaction Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Re: Senior Pictures Part 2
    You do awesome work, I love the lighting, it also helps to have a beautiful subject! A big fan of your work! Maybe one of these days I can be half as good as you! KS
    edited October 22, 2007
    You do awesome work, I love the lighting, it also helps to have a beautiful subject! A big fan of your work! Maybe one of these days I can be half as good as you! KS

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm a rodeo photographer and just recently put effort into learning about shooting "people". I've still got a lot to learn.

Keep shooting, have fun!
    Randy