Options

Lines

BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited February 25, 2005 in Holy Macro
This shot came out better than I thought. I like all the different colors, all headed for the same vanishing point. I call it "Urban Stripes"

16454237-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 25, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    This shot came out better than I thought. I like all the different colors, all headed for the same vanishing point. I call it "Urban Stripes"

16454237-L.jpg
    Very nice! thumb.gif Actually, except for the green of the lawn and ivy everything else almost looks like duotone. Someone else might take lots of time achieving this in PS but you got it naturally. Cool.
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    I like the perspective of this shot. Something about the color just looks off. To my eye it looks like a white balance issue. Did you shoot this in raw? If so, you may want to tweak the white balance a little.

mitch
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Unfortunatly, I havent graduated to RAW yet... the color seems too blue to me ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Well as far as the technical asspect of it I'm not a expert so I'll leave that to someone else. But as far as the overall picture I like it. It's one of those that leads your eye somewhere and make you wonder what is at the end. I think there is a term for that kind of photo but I can't remember.ne_nau.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    Unfortunatly, I havent graduated to RAW yet... the color seems too blue to me ne_nau.gif
    Agreed. Did you shoot on auto white balance? I wonder if the headlights on the car caused an inappropriate shift in the auto white balance.

mitch
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    I will attempt to play around with it some this weekend. I dont know enough about the auto white balance to know what went wrong :)
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    BC, everybody has beat on your color and WB, so I'm going to leave that alone. As far as composition goes, I think it's great. Converging lines make for a very attractive shot.

My concern is about lack of DOF in the foreground. It looks like the shot comes into focus right about where the yellow piece of paper is. That means you've got about five feet in front of the lens that's OOF. Smaller aperture could fix that. Were you using a tripod? Can you post your EXIF?

Cheers,
    fish
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Date Taken:2005-02-24 17:08:30Date Digitized:2005-02-24 17:08:30Date Modified:2005-02-24 18:43:19Make:CanonModel: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL Size: 2048x3072 Bytes: 2599093 Aperture: f/14.0 ISO: 800 Focal Length: 28mm (guess: 44mm in 35mm) Exposure Time: 0.0666s (1/15)
    No tripod, I was literally hugging the wall to get the shot
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Did this help? Changed the colors a bit

16492315-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Much better color. The only problem now is thanks to Fish, I can't stop looking at the yellow paper!!eek7.gif

mitch
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Much better color. The only problem now is thanks to Fish, I can't stop looking at the yellow paper!!eek7.gif
    sorry. :uhoh

f14 should certainly be small enough to get the entire wall in focus. I guess it depends on what your point of focus was, if you didn't use the hyperfocal distance or set to infinity.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson