Options

Site access problems

dac1117dac1117 Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited October 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Been having intermittent trouble getting to my site at www.woodfiredceramics.net. Hopefully the problem can be resolved soon :(:

thx -dave conrad

Comments

• Options
    MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Just so you know.....
    I'm having the same trouble. I can not access my site. I'm sure smugmug will be up and running again soon, this is a pretty reliable site. However, this is the longest I've seen them down intermitently for the past three or four days!

It's hard to customize my site and get it finished by my own set deadline (this weekend, when I can't access the site :-(

Be patient..... I know I'm trying to be!

markjay
    dac1117 wrote:
    Been having intermittent trouble getting to my site at www.woodfiredceramics.net. Hopefully the problem can be resolved soon :(:

thx -dave conrad
    Markjay
    Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
    Canon 20D - no more film!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    I'm hitting both of your sites right now?

ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    jacyjoypalsjacyjoypals Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Andy wrote:

ne_nau.gif
    I had the same problem...getting red x's on all photos, slow and freezing up and little square on the gallery. I just tried again and it looks like it is coming up albeit slowly.
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2007
    Yes Andy......
    NOW, it's coming up. I would not come up some minutes back.
    I would see my correct url in the address bar but, the smugmug homepage was where I ended up.

This is the first time I can remember Smugmug off and on like this for days.

Thank you, Andy

Markjay
    Andy wrote:

ne_nau.gif
    Markjay
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2007
    Markjay wrote:
    NOW, it's coming up. I would not come up some minutes back.
    I would see my correct url in the address bar but, the smugmug homepage was where I ended up.

This is the first time I can remember Smugmug off and on like this for days.

Thank you, Andy

Markjay

I was / am having the same issues ( http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=74192 ) and must have asked about it at nearly the same time as you.

I was able to go directly to a specific gallery, but not the home page...that kept going to smugmug...then it stopped. Made me wonder what the heck.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2007
    Andy: if you are "listening" at this moment, I am having a host of problems (no pun intended). Let me list them here in one thread for you........

1. I get to my homepage, logged in and wanted to upload THIS (see below) screen capture for you to see for yourself some of the problems going on.
    I got to the java uploader (the "simple one") did everything I usually do......
    nothing. I had to do it a second time for it to work.

here's what I have been seeing.
    Notice the bottom right corner of my screen captures shows the word "Done". However, NOTHING was done and nothing appears! This has been happening off and on for nearly 4 days now.

210314482-M.jpg

2. I go to do a customization and, it doesn't "take".......
    unless I do it a second time.

3. I customize something, get the option to "go back to the page you were viewing" and......
    I get the Smugmug home page!

I don't have time or remember all of the problems that are happening but, they are real and, they are REALLY slowing down my customization which I wanted finished by this weekend. Not sure that's going to happen at this rate, although you guys have been nothing short of wonderful helping me along / answering all my questions, for which I thank you.

Please..... see what's happening, I'm pulling my hair out of my head over this and, that's not like me! Besides, I don't want to lose anymore hair than I have at this stage in life :-)

Markjay
    dac1117 wrote:

thx -dave conrad
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2007
    One more problem
    Another problem happening, Andy.... (I just experienced it)

I'm already logged in, I delete an image from a gallery and......
    I get this below shown message. However, I DO have my cookies set correctly because this was not happening yesterday and I can assure you I have not changed my settings in Firefox.

You are not logged in or, you do not have access

In addition, I just logged in and all was well. I then simply enter into my lone gallery and....... suddenly I'm logged out, no options showing.

Again, I have not changed my cookie settings in FF. And this has been happening on and off for about four days.

Just keep you aware of what's going on, this is not a complaint. However, it will turn into a complaint if I keep having to make you aware (just kidding)

Markjay

dac1117 wrote:

thx -dave conrad
    Markjay
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2007
    Mark, could have been a temporary site problem, I'm not positive. At anyrate, things are performing normally as far as we can tell, at this moment.

Sorry you had troubles! If they persist, write the help desk, so that our team of Support Heroes can help you fastest okay?
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Loading really slow at the mo, 05:00 GMT 21 Oct.

Even Dgrin is slow - some of the pictures linked from Smugmug are taking so long to load Firefox gives up trying to load them...

Having no problems on POTN, except if the pics are linked to Smugmug...
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Loading really slow at the mo, 05:00 GMT 21 Oct.

Even Dgrin is slow - some of the pictures linked from Smugmug are taking so long to load Firefox gives up trying to load them...

Having no problems on POTN, except if the pics are linked to Smugmug...
    Hi Al, Sorry you are having connection issues....it's probably due to something in the route from you to us. If the issue persists, please run a traceroute from you to us, and send it, with explanation, to our our Support Heroes. Thanks! We'll surely help diagnose what's going on.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Al, Sorry you are having connection issues....it's probably due to something in the route from you to us. If the issue persists, please run a traceroute from you to us, and send it, with explanation, to our our Support Heroes. Thanks! We'll surely help diagnose what's going on.
    Looks like it's sorted itself out now (14:30-ish GMT). Thanks for responding thumb.gif - it was frustrating not to see Mr B's last pics before he goes off on vac.
  • Options
    tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    I still see slow response this morning... I sent this traceroute to the 'help' email address.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 59 ms 7 ms 6 ms bdl1.eas-ubr7.atw-eas.pa.cable.rcn.net [10.19.12.8.1]
    3 14 ms 16 ms 16 ms vl4.aggr1.phdl.pa.rcn.net [208.59.252.1]
    4 22 ms 23 ms 14 ms ge4-0.core2.phdl.pa.rcn.net [207.172.15.51]
    5 16 ms 16 ms 15 ms pos6-0.core3.nyw.ny.rcn.net [207.172.19.11]
    6 16 ms 15 ms 15 ms tge2-1.core4.nyw.ny.rcn.net [207.172.15.83]
    7 16 ms 20 ms 25 ms tge2-1.border1.nyw.ny.rcn.net [207.172.19.109]
    8 17 ms 25 ms 16 ms tge3-2.fr1.lga.llnw.net [198.32.118.26]
    9 40 ms 49 ms 40 ms tge1-2.fr4.ord.llnw.net [69.28.171.193]
    10 40 ms 40 ms 47 ms ve6.fr3.ord.llnw.net [69.28.172.41]
    11 103 ms 99 ms 101 ms tge1-3.fr4.sjc.llnw.net [69.28.171.66]
    12 98 ms 97 ms 99 ms ve5.fr3.sjc.llnw.net [69.28.171.209]
    13 108 ms 107 ms 108 ms smugmug.ge3-1.fr3.sjc.llnw.net [208.111.152.78]
    14 101 ms 98 ms 96 ms hera.smugmug.com [63.81.134.23]

Trace complete.
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2007
    tonyd wrote:
    I still see slow response this morning... I sent this traceroute to the 'help' email address..
    Thanks, our heroes will help you thumb.gif