Options

Hunters

KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
edited February 26, 2005 in Sports
I went out this morning to catch a cup of Joe at Starbuck's and swung by the local equestrian center which is always good for a shot or two.

[Click on photos to view EXIF]

16518579-L.jpg

16518570-L.jpg

Kent
"Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
Web site

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    thumb.gif The second one's really nice. Perfect action, her body language and face are great.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 26, 2005
    Kent,

I agree with Sid. They are both nice, but that second one is very appealing thumb.gifthumb.gif Plus, it's so tough to get the faces exposed well with those darn helmet brims shading them eek7.gif Nice job clap.gif

I'm kind of wondering why you named this thread the way you did? I really thought I was going to see people in orange hats and plaid jackets hunting.....Laughing.gif What a relief to find beautiful horse pics here instead....lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    I'm kind of wondering why you named this thread the way you did? I really thought I was going to see people in orange hats and plaid jackets hunting.....Laughing.gif What a relief to find beautiful horse pics here instead....lol

Thanks for sharing,
    Steve
    Well, first of all, I know next to nothing about equestrian events, except that there always seem to be horses involved . . . .

According to the PA announcer, the class of competition that these two horses and riders were part of is referred to as "Hunters". Perhaps because the jumping skills are the same as those to engage in fox hunts.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    BreaBrea Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    i really like you pictures, the second one has really good position, im sure she'd love the shot too.:D

Hunters are an equestrian event, that i do. it is jumping rounds, but it is not timed like show jumping is. hunters are judged by a judge, on position, steady pace, attitude, rythm, and overall look. lol the fox hunting thing might actually be what its based on, i dont know, that a good explination though.

good shots
    Brea
    BREA (Moulin Rouge)- 9/yo 16hh thoroughbred mare