Options

Journey Through a Time Warp

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited October 23, 2007 in Journeys
I couldn't figure out where else to post these, and I really wanted to share them with you all....so here they are.

Monday I got the chance to wander around our local Historical Park. There were two docents that opened the entire place up for me and gave me the freedom to roam as I please and shoot. It truly was a Journey Through Time.

I started out with the entrance. I wish I'd had more of a blue sky that day, but it's been overcast for about two weeks straight here.

The Portal....
209481475-S.jpg

One of the main features of The Historical Park is an old school house (you can see it in the above photo) I started in the old school.

How many of you remember watching movies in school with one of these projectors?

The School House
209482534-S.jpg

In another room of the schoolhouse they hold antique "machinery" typewriters, projectors etc. I had a field day in that room. Lots of nifty detail shots.

209662855-S.jpg209661698-S.jpg
OK, I have to admit it...I was probably one of the last people in my high school to learn to type on one of these.............

209659235-S-1.jpg

I also took some great detail shots in the old general store, dental office, pharmacy...I'll put some small thumbprints up to give you a sneak peek and will post more later..............

209605864-Th.jpg209642387-Th.jpg209632887-Th.jpg

209403983-Th-1.jpg209421440-Th-1.jpg209428862-Th-1.jpg

Wait til you see the dentist one bigger. I think it looks like a film set for a dental horror flick.

Hope you've enjoyed a look into the past half as much as I did while shooting it. If you'd like to see the rest of the photos before I post any more they can be found here:

http://heatherdunn.smugmug.com/gallery/3665895
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Nice set of well taken images. I can well remember that class room look.
    Just looking for the corner I normally stood in. :D
    Michael
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Possible scene for a horror flick?
    I learned a lot the day I spent out there. I got a ton of practice of bouncing my flash off of the ceiling. I think it worked quite nicely on most of the images I shot there.

So, am I wrong to think that this picture looks like it could be the set of a horror flick?

209428862-L-1.jpg
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    These are GREAT!!!

I even remember those old projectors. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Would work for a horror flick. thumb.gif All you need is actors and action. :D

The bounce flash worked great for you. I get a little irked at myself when
    I forget to use mine.
    Michael