Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS and the Canon 100 macro f/2.8 :D

Damn this is an expensive hobby. :yikes

And I still want to get the Canon 300 f/4.0 L IS and the Canon 16-35 f/2.8 L

Those will have to wait for a while.

Comments

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    I talked myself into getting the wife a D70 kit. Now to be fair I need to get me the 85/1.2, right? mwink.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS and the Canon 100 macro f/2.8 :D
    Damn this is an expensive hobby. :yikes

Primo. thumb.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    WOW! ylsuper.gif

I love these things! iloveyou.gif

Only problem now is that I never even want to use my 28- 135 again and I demand to have something to replace it and fill in below the 70 - 200. The wife wasn't too happy with the money spent on these. I told her I was done for awhile.naughty.gif Little does she now I've been pricing the Sigma 14 EX and I'm looking at 100 -400 to 500 zooms as well as telephoto primes. If you don't hear from me again, she found out and I'm dead. Please alert the authoritites.:D

Damn I love fast lenses.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Only problem now is that I never even want to use my 28- 135 again and I demand to have something to replace it and fill in below the 70 - 200.

Funny how that works. Sell the 28-135...it's a good lens for the casual shooter / drebel owner. Replace it with a Canon 24-70/2.8 L. nod.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Funny how that works. Sell the 28-135...it's a good lens for the casual shooter / drebel owner. Replace it with a Canon 24-70/2.8 L. nod.gif
    Laughing.gif

That is exactly what I was looking at today. Kind of steep price without IS though. It's kind of a double edge sword with the L series. Super great lenses, but because of that they hold their value, meaning if you have one you can get a great price selling it, but buying a used one you don't get a very good deal.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    True, that. Mine was in the $900 neighborhood, IIRC.

Don't buy the 300 f4. Either rent a bigger, faster lens, or get the f2.8. The f4's too slow, IMHO. Weak autofocus for sports, even under cloudy skies. Too short for bird shots, and soft and slow with the extenders.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited February 27, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    True, that. Mine was in the $900 neighborhood, IIRC.

Don't buy the 300 f4. Either rent a bigger, faster lens, or get the f2.8. The f4's too slow, IMHO. Weak autofocus for sports, even under cloudy skies. Too short for bird shots, and soft and slow with the extenders.
    But just right for some surf shots. Go with the 2.8.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    REECEPHOTOREECEPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    What a great lens...................have fun and enjoy.thumb.gif
    It's not the speed that'll kill ya
    It's the sudden stops!
    http://reecephoto.smugmug.com
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jepg
    src="http//www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jpg">