Options

Help!!!

TifnyTifny Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 16, 2004 in Technique
Can anybody help me? I need to photograph a diamond ring but I have no clue where to start. I am fairly new to photography but pretty good. I just can't get the diamonds to photograph and I have used a couple of different cameras. any digital features that would work? I do have macro capabilities but it isn't me that is using the particular camera that I have access to right now. The ring is set on dark velvet and it would probably be easier to just rec and connect it to the comp and take snap shots from the rec.

Comments

• Options
    Mike WernerMike Werner Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2004
    Send it to me, I'll do it...:D

Seriously, it'll depend on your equipment. And how close you want it.

Do you have macro capability ? The last thing you want to do is use flash, since that will make your photos go blank...
    Mike Werner
    Paris, France

http://news.motorbiker.org/
  • Options
    rochesternysnaprochesternysnap Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited January 14, 2004
    can help
    Tifny wrote:
    Can anybody help me? I need to photograph a diamond ring but I have no clue where to start. I am fairly new to photography but pretty good. I just can't get the diamonds to photograph and I have used a couple of different cameras. any digital features that would work?
    I think you can download photo clips from the internet: www. webphotos.com I am not sure if it is around I need a good shot of a dragonfly for a photo project and i found one. good luck Judith
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2004
    Tifny wrote:
    Can anybody help me? I need to photograph a diamond ring but I have no clue where to start. I am fairly new to photography but pretty good. I just can't get the diamonds to photograph and I have used a couple of different cameras. any digital features that would work?

Tell us about the photography you are trying to take. How close? What type of a setting/background? Where are you going to use this photograph? What type of equipment do you have access to?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    This should probably be moved to Photography 101, Tifny. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    This should probably be moved to Photography 101, Tifny. ne_nau.gif

Moved. No problem, good catch wxwax.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Tifny wrote:
    Hi Tifny,
    What kind of look are you after? Any samples of what you are looking to achieve? Any examples of what you have done?

What kind of lighting equipment do you have? Do you have a macro lens or close up lenses (filters)?
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    DarbyDDarbyD Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 16, 2004
    I once photographed a diamond cross,
    Hi Tifny,
    What kind of look are you after? Any samples of what you are looking to achieve? Any examples of what you have done?

What kind of lighting equipment do you have? Do you have a macro lens or close up lenses (filters)?
    Hi, I am also new to photography, and I got this beautiful
    diamond cross for xmas. I wanted to photograph it and send a pic to my sister. So I laid the cross on a black cloth and snapped the shot. The Diamonds didn't really look as beautiful as it really is, but it wasn't a bad shot. I would show u the shot, but I don't know how to upload to this site yet. DarbyD
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2004
    Darby, here's the guide on how to post a photo here.

Click here.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au