Options

Old Rock Quarry

Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
edited October 27, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
This was my first trip to the old rock quarry in Wakefield Quebec. I met the owners the previous week and they gave me permission to walk around anytime I want..So I started with the outside of some of the buildings...

As always comments and critiques are welcome..

210659785-L.jpg

210660220-L.jpg

210659343-L.jpg

210659501-L.jpg

210660241-L.jpg

210659613-L.jpg

210659646-L.jpg

210659739-L.jpg

210711224-L.jpg

210712198-L.jpg

210659933-L.jpg
Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
that has added up over the years :wink

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Hey I really like them. I think what strikes me the most is the unique perspectives you are choosing to take. So many of us never do anything except hold the camera at eye level, and shoot straight ahead. Very creative. Good job.thumb.gif
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    I had to look at them again. So original, great use of tones and colors. Love them.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Dave Clee wrote:
    This was my first trip to the old rock quarry in Wakefield Quebec. I met the owners the previous week and they gave me permission to walk around anytime I want..So I started with the outside of some of the buildings...

As always comments and critiques are welcome..

Hi Dave, what a series clap.gif I love that third last shot of the sky being seen throught the hole in the tin roof.

Schmooo would love these nod.gif

Well Done Dave clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Hey Dave these are gorgeous! Normally I'm with the party poopers when it comes to selective coloring but I barely even noticed it in yours. I think they add extra *unf* to your shots.

GREAT angles, great colors, great attention to detail. As I say there are not a lot of people who enjoy this sort of setting that try to approach it artistically - most document what is there. Which is good, too. But... wow!

bowdown.gif
  • Options
    Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Thanks everyone. I have to say that I was thrilled walking around this place and really didnt know where to start. I havent even made it into the buildings yet...Usually this is private access only but I ended up taking a few dog pictures the weekend before for a very nice old lady..Well little did I know she was the owner of this rock quarry !! After seeing the pics of her dog well lets just say I now have access to this quarry whenever I want...
    Funny how things work out..

I have to say that the textures and colors are truly spectacular. Nothing like old weathered stuff to make a nice photo..The 3 hours I spent walking around flew by..Hopefully will be going back this weekend.

Thanks for the comments..I am still having to push myself to make that extra effort and find different angles..

Thanks again.

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Very nice what you are working to get from this site. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Looks like a great place to shoot. I like the unique angles, and perspective, you gave the shots. Nice job.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    loiloi Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    great shots, enjoyed the duality.
    "We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains." Li Po
    http://loi.smugmug.com/gallery/3539566#199917032