Natasha (6 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in People
Dear friends!
this time - Natasha. She is fond of horses and these photos were taken at Malishevo - where the horse club is situated. We found some rooms ther to take several Natural light portraits.
Again I try to make different post processing.
5571.jpg
5572.jpg
5574.jpg
5573.jpg
5575.jpg
5576.jpg

She was upset after some news from her boss. So, sorry - no smiles this time.
Besides I like her serious expression.

P.S. Please, do not consider these photos as a serial. Each photo was designed as an individual one.

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    :) Poison Oak!
    Just in case you were not aware - this lovely plant she looks like she is getting ready to fondle is Poison Oak. Not usually something you would play with or include in a photo as a focal point. Personally I like the photos, but would consider this one to be trashed just because of the plant.

Michael

5576.jpg

P.S. Please, do not consider these photos as a serial. Each photo was designed as an individual one.

Spasibo,
    Yuri[/quote]
  • Little TLittle T Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    I like the shots overall,

Not sure if its intentional or not but #5 her skin tone just doesnt seem to fit with all the others.

As for the poison oak hopefully she didnt have a reaction to it, but as for scraping the picture why? its a nice picture the type of plant shouldnt matter.
    http://jtrankler.smugmug.com
    jtrankler@gmail.com
    Canon 60D
    Tamron 28-75 2.8
    Canon 70-200 F4 L IS
    edited October 30, 2007
    Opinions
    Just a personal opinion that's all - for me knowing what the plant is just kind of makes me laught at the photo - ruining it's intent.
    Opinions vary :)

Mchael

Little T wrote:
    I like the shots overall,

Not sure if its intentional or not but #5 her skin tone just doesnt seem to fit with all the others.

As for the poison oak hopefully she didnt have a reaction to it, but as for scraping the picture why? its a nice picture the type of plant shouldnt matter.
  • GP ImagesGP Images Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    They must have a totally different variety of poison oak over in Russia. I know poison oak and that's not it. Beautiful, as usual Yuri
    edited October 30, 2007
    Looks like I am wrong
    Plant appears to be a Virginia Creeper
    http://poisonivy.aesir.com/img/pictures/similar/virginia-creeper.jpg

or still possibly Poision Ivy:
    http://poisonivy.aesir.com/img/pictures/pi-pics-may/vc-may-va-3and5.jpg
    My bad mwink.gif should have paid more attention in Boy Scouts:D

Michael

GP Images wrote:
    They must have a totally different variety of poison oak over in Russia. I know poison oak and that's not it. Beautiful, as usual Yuri
  • wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Yuri,

I absolutely love #5. Excellent work as always.

Regards,
    Wes
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Great images as usual Yuri. You just can't seem to find those smiling girls can you?:D Don't worry about poison ivy. That's not it in your photo and even if it is some people can roll around it in and not be affected. Others can't get close to it without breaking out.

This is Poison Ivy: Poison ivy plants have a compound leaf arrangement made up of three leaflets on a leafstalk. Two leaflets grow on opposing sides and the third stands by itself at the end of the stalk.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Just in case you were not aware - this lovely plant she looks like she is getting ready to fondle is Poison Oak. Not usually something you would play with or include in a photo as a focal point. Personally I like the photos, but would consider this one to be trashed just because of the plant.

Michael

Ha-ha! Spasibo, Michael!
    But... its only a 'wild' grape...
    Yuri
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    poison or not, #6 is a fantastic shot! great work yuri! thumb.gif
  • CarloskbcoCarloskbco Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    I really like the last shot...
    poison ivy or not...that is some portrait !

Thanks for sharing

Carlos
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    I like 2, 3. Toss up between 4 and 6 as my faves of the bunch. :)
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Miss SharonMiss Sharon Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Yuri, I have checked out some of your portraits before and have been amazed at the quality. You are a talented photographer no doubt! Also, I can't believe how incredibly beautiful the women you photograph are. I love their look...so real and so naturally beautiful. I am tired and bored of the plastic, typical and uninteresting women that are plastered on magazine covers today. It is refreshing to see a photograher appreciate real beauty!! I look forward to being a fan of yours!clap.gif
    Sharon
    "I want to seize any pleasure that comes my way because it might not come by again."
    The Original Cowgirl Amelia Banks, 1901
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Yuri, I have checked out some of your portraits before and have been amazed at the quality. You are a talented photographer no doubt! Also, I can't believe how incredibly beautiful the women you photograph are. I love their look...so real and so naturally beautiful. I am tired and bored of the plastic, typical and uninteresting women that are plastered on magazine covers today. It is refreshing to see a photograher appreciate real beauty!! I look forward to being a fan of yours!clap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif i always enjoy your shots...and learn from then each time.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007

Michael

Michael,
    Just in case you were not aware, there is no such thing as Posion Oak in mid-Russia. lol3.gif
    Besides, this plant not even remotely close to what poison oak normally looks like...ne_nau.gif
    And finally, trashing a beautiful shot because of a plant? eek7.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • BilsenBilsen Registered Users Posts: 2,143 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    I for one do not care about the plant, poison or not. She's seriously pretty and #s 3 & 6 are great shots.
    Bilsen (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
    Canon 600D; Canon 1D Mk2;
    24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50mm 1.4; 28-75 f2.8; 55-250 IS; 580EX & (2) 430EX Flash,
    Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio.com/
    Everything Else: www.pbase.com/bilsen
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Don't worry about poison ivy. That's not it in your photo and even if it is some people can roll around it in and not be affected. Others can't get close to it without breaking out.

This is Poison Ivy: Poison ivy plants have a compound leaf arrangement made up of three leaflets on a leafstalk. Two leaflets grow on opposing sides and the third stands by itself at the end of the stalk.

Sounds like a comment from someone who has had poison oak/ivy a time or two! Ironic how easy it is to identify once you've had it a few times (and you can certainly include me in that boat).:D

And... this description is correct. Both poison oak and poison ivy have leaves that grow in threes. Though one time I got it after the leaves had fallen off for the year and just the vines remained. I'm definitely in the "can't get close to it without breaking out" category. Heck, even if this had been a photo of poison oak, I'd probably have it just from looking at it.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• mrpillesmrpilles Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    horses
    Why on earth did you mention horses? I expected to see pics with a stable setting. Shucks.

5576.jpg

Spasibo,
    Yuri[/quote][/quote]