Options

Another E-Session

fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited October 31, 2007 in Weddings
I had another E-session last week. I tried a few new things. Let me know what you think! (Once again I had to work with HORRIBLE bright afternoon sun!!!) These were taken at various locations throughout Forest Park in St. Louis, MO. It's a great place to take pictures!

#1 Near the Pagoda
215198563-S.jpg

#2 A lampost & a little grain
215198498-M.jpg

#3 Macro filter
215198165-M.jpg

#4 Hiding in the brush
215198404-M.jpg

#5 This one may be used for a "Save the Date" card hence all the "space" around them.
215198313-M.jpg

215198247-M.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    1 & 2 - I like the composition and the treatment.

3 - I know the focus was/is the ring, but I think it would have been better had they not been so much in shadow. Keep their exposure up but blur them with DOF (larger aperture) might have been a better approach.

4 - Usually, e-session photos are about the people, not the surroundings. Usually, subject(s) of interest are as bright or brighter then the surroundings. I understand you were fighting very strong light ...

5 - this is, to my mind, very successful. Nice one! Especially for the purpose indicated.

6 - Composition is nice but, again, you have the subject(s) of interest in shadows.
  • Options
    fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Thanks for the comments! I can see now how distracting the strong light/shadow is! I'll watch for that next time! There were a few places where I had pretty even shadow & those pictures would have come out better had I taken them there. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    I agree with just about everything Scott said. Although I don't so much mind the shadow on #6, I would however crop it tighter to her hand on top, IMO if you have the collar and the shoulder you really dont need to see his neck and you want the focus on her hands and the flowers, his neck detracts from that.
    If you shot in raw you may be able to improve #4 with some fill light. Also, as it looks like acne on the side of his face i would consider photoshoping it out. I normally don't touch moles or beauty marks but when possible make the pimples go away.

Nice Job!
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com