Options

NorCal JC Playoff Basketball

Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
edited February 28, 2005 in Sports
Hello All,
I was able to restrain myself and not post any B-ball pis from the last 2 regular season games. But now that we're in the playoffs, I couldn't control myself any longer :lol

Last night West Valley played Los Medanos (3rd seed versus the 14th seed). West Valley prevailed by 9 :clap So they get to play again next Saturday (don't say I didn't warn ya :wink )

Over the back
16594142-L.jpg

Going up with the right hand
16594145-L.jpg

After faking the defender to the floor, going up for the slam
16594151-L.jpg

I'd like to thank the group for putting up with my pics this season. It was my first season shooting sports with a Dslr and I learned a bunch. Much of it, thanks to the folks here at Dgrin :clap

Next Saturday will be the end of B-ball shooting for me :cry If they lose, the team is done for the year. If they win, they get to be part of a "Great 8" tournament (the top 4 Nor Cal teams and the top 4 So Cal teams) in San Diego. There's no way I can go, so Saturday is it (come on, no tears now.....lol)

Anyhow, I appreciate all the feedback you've given me over the last few months. You guys and gals are great :thumb

Thanks for looking,
Steve
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Hello All,
    I was able to restrain myself and not post any B-ball pis from the last 2 regular season games. But now that we're in the playoffs, I couldn't control myself any longer
    I'm glad you couldn't. Thanks for sharing those; they're great shots (both on and off the court)

I imagine that there must have been a foul called immediately after you took the first shot. It would appear that someone ended up all over the shooter's back.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    The first and third one are my favorite.

Third one great facial expression you have him at a great point in the action, or jump.
    And the First one I like partly because its sort of unusual. I mean that sort of stuff happens in hoopsy bounce but you dont see it captured very often.

Its funny, I almost like the little rinky dink stands as your backgrounds better than shooting in the mullins center.
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    keep postingthumb.gif
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Steve all great shots. I look foward to baseball season and seeing what you come up with ...Thnxs for sharing
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    really nice work, steve thumb.gif

16458412-Ti.gif
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Great catches Steve 110103_hlopaet_prv.gif.

Except for the absence of cheerleaders I have enjoyed the season through your eye and lens!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    KMCC wrote:
    I'm glad you couldn't. Thanks for sharing those; they're great shots (both on and off the court)

I imagine that there must have been a foul called immediately after you took the first shot. It would appear that someone ended up all over the shooter's back.
    Thanks Kent :D

Yes, there was a foul called after the 1st shot. The next shot in this burst was even better (the player was almost on the shooter's shoulders), but the shooter was hard to see because he was shadowed by the player riding on him.....lol

Thanks for taking the time to respond,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    winger wrote:
    The first and third one are my favorite.

Third one great facial expression you have him at a great point in the action, or jump.
    And the First one I like partly because its sort of unusual. I mean that sort of stuff happens in hoopsy bounce but you dont see it captured very often.

Its funny, I almost like the little rinky dink stands as your backgrounds better than shooting in the mullins center.
    Thanks Karen :D

Yeah, I too like those "moments in the game" shots, that aren't normally seen. Like Fascha's "Time Out" shot from the other day :): I like the expression on the last one, but dislike how bright his face is, because it's being hit squarely by the ceiling lights ne_nau.gif Oh well....lol

Hey, I'll trade ya my rinky-dink gym for yours any day of the week. The lighting sucks so much (I see yellow people.....lol), I'd rather shoot just about anywhere else. I drool when I see what kind of results other B-ball shooters who are shooting in Div 1 arenas get. It's not all about the food........it's all about the lighting rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for your comments,
    Steve

Sorry about originally answering your post within your post......lol I am still getting used to the new buttons rolleyes1.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    shay wrote:
    keep postingthumb.gif
    Thanks Shay thumb.gif

If you folks can stand em, I'll keep posting them :): Afterall, how many photographers do you know that don't enjoy showing their pics? :flash

Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Steve all great shots. I look foward to baseball season and seeing what you come up with ...Thnxs for sharing
    Thanks 4labs :D

I am looking forward to baseball season too. Although, since the games are outdoors, I won't have the lousy indoor lighting to complain about.....Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I'll just have to come up with some other excuse :lol

Thanks for looking,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    really nice work, steve thumb.gif

16458412-Ti.gif
    Thanks Andy :D

I like the smilie thumb.gif This is about the 10th new one from you that I've seen today. Have you discovered a hidden trove of smilies on the web somewhere? Like maybe, www.smiliesRus.com? :lol4

I also liked the skier in the tree smilie....lol

Thanks again,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Great catches Steve 110103_hlopaet_prv.gif.

Except for the absence of cheerleaders I have enjoyed the season through your eye and lens!
    Thanks Nir :D

Glad you enjoyed this season. Sorry about the lack of cheerleaders :cry Only one school had them (and they weren't all that good) :uhoh I can't figure out why the other schools don't have cheerleading squads ne_nau.gif I mean it's not like beautiful young college women have better things to do on Saturday nights, right? :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for taking the time to comment Nir,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero