Smugmug Explorer: new version

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
New version of Smugmug Explorer has been uploaded to www.smugmugexplorer.com.

Pro users can now download their sales information and, with a valid Pro license, export it to Excel (or whatever other tool they use, as long as the tool in question can import standard CSV data).

At this moment SE hit counter is at 4,999:-) I hope new version would attract your attention so we can cross 5K barrier:-)

Next target is "Send To" addon.

Enjoy!

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Finally got it to work
    Nikolai wrote:
    New version of Smugmug Explorer has been uploaded to www.smugmugexplorer.com.

Pro users can now download their sales information and, with a valid Pro license, export it to Excel (or whatever other tool they use, as long as the tool in question can import standard CSV data).

At this moment SE hit counter is at 4,999:-) I hope new version would attract your attention so we can cross 5K barrier:-)

Next target is "Send To" addon.

Enjoy!

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Nik, I have no idea what is different except a later version. Works now. clap.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2005
    Didn't it work before???
    mslammers wrote:
    Nik, I have no idea what is different except a later version. Works now. clap.gif
    I don't think I was aware of any major issues.. Was I wrong?

The difference is a "little" feature called Sales Info.

As you well aware, smugmug does not provide an API for pro sales data.
    And if you are an actual pro photog with hundreds (or even only dozens) of orders and thousands (or even only hundreds) of purchased items, you would like to have this information handy and availalbe for your business reports. Of course you can always print out SM info, or try to "select all" - "copy" - "paste into notepad, word or excel", but if you ever tried that approach you'll notice that
    a) it takes quite some time to do grab all that info manually (go to sales, go to order, grab order, go back, go to another, grab it, go back, and so forth ad noseum)
    b) as far as it's a an HTML page, you'll get a lot of "garbage", especially if you paste into any non-plain-text tool. So your valuable sales data will be buried in a mess of tags, urls, etc.

This SE feature solves all those problems, giving a pro user easy and convenient access to his/her sales data. It filters out the "garbage", leaves only the business data and then presents it in a nice looking way, also giving its user an ability to export it to the cliboard or excel-compatible industry standard CSV files.

My hopes are that high volume pros may appreciate amount of time this feature could save them. At least a person who originaly asked for it definitely thinks so:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    edited February 28, 2005
    Yet another Smugmug Explorer update
    Version 0.1.0.91:
    Mostly improvements to the new Sales Info feature:
    new gallery column, sorting, smarter online behavior, etc.
    See the history for the complete list.

Enjoy!

Cheers!thumb.gif
    edited February 28, 2005
    Previous Communication when you were at work
    Nikolai wrote:
    I don't think I was aware of any major issues.. Was I wrong?

The difference is a "little" feature called Sales Info.

As you well aware, smugmug does not provide an API for pro sales data.
    And if you are an actual pro photog with hundreds (or even only dozens) of orders and thousands (or even only hundreds) of purchased items, you would like to have this information handy and availalbe for your business reports. Of course you can always print out SM info, or try to "select all" - "copy" - "paste into notepad, word or excel", but if you ever tried that approach you'll notice that
    a) it takes quite some time to do grab all that info manually (go to sales, go to order, grab order, go back, go to another, grab it, go back, and so forth ad noseum)
    b) as far as it's a an HTML page, you'll get a lot of "garbage", especially if you paste into any non-plain-text tool. So your valuable sales data will be buried in a mess of tags, urls, etc.

This SE feature solves all those problems, giving a pro user easy and convenient access to his/her sales data. It filters out the "garbage", leaves only the business data and then presents it in a nice looking way, also giving its user an ability to export it to the cliboard or excel-compatible industry standard CSV files.

My hopes are that high volume pros may appreciate amount of time this feature could save them. At least a person who originaly asked for it definitely thinks so:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    We tried quite a while ago when you were at work and just why it failed we neither could determine. On my way to 21GB upload completion. 28 hrs in but working.:):
    edited February 28, 2005
    Oh, I see now
    mslammers wrote:
    We tried quite a while ago when you were at work and just why it failed we neither could determine. On my way to 21GB upload completion. 28 hrs in but working.:):
    You mean - when I was on my "trade show blackout"... Yeah.. it sucks.. lost almost 4 weeks of SE development.. :-(

Sorry to hear it didn't work before :-( - very glad it works now :-)!

BTW, I'd like to use this opportunity to remind you (and everybody else:-) of my Mass Upload service. I'd be able to upload this amount for you in about 10 - 12 hrs (@ 40-50 Mb/min, you do the math:-). Of course, YMMV, etc. But I'd be positive about 1 day.. Just a thought:-)

Anyway, good luck on the rest of your upload, may your connnection be strong!

Cheers! 1drink.gif
    edited February 28, 2005
    thanks Nik
    Thanbks
    Nikolai wrote:
    You mean - when I was on my "trade show blackout"... Yeah.. it sucks.. lost almost 4 weeks of SE development.. :-(

Sorry to hear it didn't work before :-( - very glad it works now :-)!

BTW, I'd like to use this opportunity to remind you (and everybody else:-) of my Mass Upload service. I'd be able to upload this amount for you in about 10 - 12 hrs (@ 40-50 Mb/min, you do the math:-). Of course, YMMV, etc. But I'd be positive about 1 day.. Just a thought:-)

Anyway, good luck on the rest of your upload, may your connnection be strong!

Cheers! 1drink.gif
    Thanks Nik,
    It has been running for over 24 hrs so far (cable modem) and shows no sign of failure.
  • DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Smugmug Explorer Pro Sales Features
    As the guy who asked Nik to take on this enhancement, I have to rave about how great this capability is. If you're trying to track sales (per event, per wedding, whatever) AND try to keep track of what's selling and for us cash-flow strapped shooters, what your outstanding "not paid" amount is, Nik's enhancements are huge!

Nik was quick, listened to what was desired, and even added a few minor tweaks (the ability to do column sorts without having to jump into the excel version is a nice quick way to see where the sales are coming from).

If you're selling off of smugmug, this is a must have tool!

And yes...I'm a supporting member too! thumb.gif

Derek
    DTM Photos (dtmphotos.smugmug.com)

Nikolai wrote:
    Version 0.1.0.91:
    Mostly improvements to the new Sales Info feature:
    new gallery column, sorting, smarter online behavior, etc.
    See the history for the complete list.

Enjoy!

Cheers!thumb.gif
    edited February 28, 2005
    Derek, thank you for the feedback!
    I do appreciate your kind words:-)

And congratulation on being Fully Licensed SE Customer #1!thumb.gif
    No matter what happens in the future, nobody can beat you to it - not any more:-)clap.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif