Options

Airshow: color images (mostly)

ArchiTexasArchiTexas Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited November 7, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
I want to share some shots I took last weekend at the 2007 Randolph AFB airshow in San Antonio, Texas. I didn't want the usual airshow image of a plane parked on the tarmac with dozens of people looking at it. Instead, I wanted to try to use the aircraft as subject's in (hopefully) interesting compositions. I welcome your opinion as to whether I've succeeded or failed.

217783497-M.jpg
#1 B-25 nose: the sun was high in the sky so I tried this "light through the nose cone" angle to diffuse the glare and still capture the interesting glass nose this plane has.

217783799-M.jpg
#2 Mig-15: I tried some selective coloring here, obviously I've turned up the red channel and cranked everything else down. I think it makes the Soviet era graphics pop. Comments?

217784347-M.jpg
#3 C-47 (military version of DC-3) - I liked how the aluminum skin cast almost water-like reflections on the brightly colored tail.

217783572-L.jpg
#4 The "Bluebonnet Belle"

217783278-M.jpg
#5 P-38 "Glacier Girl" - this plane crashed in Greenland in 1942 and was recovered from beneath a sheet of ice in 1992 and fully restored. Amazing!

55372645-M.jpg
#6 this was shot at the 2005 show, I think its a B-1B bomber

217784021-L.jpg
#7 back end of an F-15
http://erfphotoart.com

Olympus E510 and Gigapan mount

Comments

• Options
    frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Nicw set, I like the shot through the canopy, and the third one down, looks like its actually flying
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    ArchiTexas wrote:
    I want to share some shots I took last weekend at the 2007 Randolph AFB airshow in San Antonio, Texas. I didn't want the usual airshow image of a plane parked on the tarmac with dozens of people looking at it. Instead, I wanted to try to use the aircraft as subject's in (hopefully) interesting compositions. I welcome your opinion as to whether I've succeeded or failed.
    #1 B-25 nose: the sun was high in the sky so I tried this "light through the nose cone" angle to diffuse the glare and still capture the interesting glass nose this plane has.
    #2 Mig-15: I tried some selective coloring here, obviously I've turned up the red channel and cranked everything else down. I think it makes the Soviet era graphics pop. Comments?
    #3 C-47 (military version of DC-3) - I liked how the aluminum skin cast almost water-like reflections on the brightly colored tail.
    #4 The "Bluebonnet Belle"
    #5 P-38 "Glacier Girl" - this plane crashed in Greenland in 1942 and was recovered from beneath a sheet of ice in 1992 and fully restored. Amazing!
    #6 this was shot at the 2005 show, I think its a B-1B bomber
    #7 back end of an F-15

Number #4 does it for me clap.gif that is one sweet shot clap.gif
    She shines like a new coin ........... another nice series.

Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Hard to pick a favourite in this series. They're all AWSOME!

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)