Options

what to know about the snow

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in Technique
i think somewhere there was a tutorial about shooting in snow? I am going on an outing to "shoot" some wolves. I kinda understand how to use my 20D. i predict the recent snow is gonna cause havoc on my exposures. any "LAYMAN"S" help would be appreciated. also i will be with 25-75 feet of these wolves. any suggestions as to what lens will be best. 100-400, 70-200, ???

troy

Comments

• Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    i think somewhere there was a tutorial about shooting in snow? I am going on an outing to "shoot" some wolves. I kinda understand how to use my 20D. i predict the recent snow is gonna cause havoc on my exposures. any "LAYMAN"S" help would be appreciated. also i will be with 25-75 feet of these wolves. any suggestions as to what lens will be best. 100-400, 70-200, ???

troy
    unfortunately I can't be much help regarding exposures (I always bracket like crazy in situations like that--maybe use a polarizer filter, too?--I'll leave it to the experts) but I did want to say that you're very brave eek7.gif .....even though I know they're probably more scared of you than vice versa but I really cannot wait to see these shots! wolves are soooo beautiful. where are you doing the shoot at?
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    is this the tutorial you were talking about?

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=6366
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    windoze wrote:

troy

troy, i know where you're going, and you'll love the wolf place! over expose that snow! +1 ec. shoot raw. have fun.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    Saturday is my 16th anniversary and my wife is sending me to the wolves mwink.gif ....
    andy wrote:
    troy, i know where you're going, and you'll love the wolf place! over expose that snow! +1 ec. shoot raw. have fun.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    Saturday is my 16th anniversary and my wife is sending me to the wolves mwink.gif ....
    That was very good Windoze!

And I bet you are fighting it all the way,rolleyes1.gif

Where are you sending her?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    thanx Ginger - finally somebody understands my humor!!
    for our annivesary im taking her out to dinner, a theatre show and a pedicure....
    troy

ginger_55 wrote:
    That was very good Windoze!

And I bet you are fighting it all the way,rolleyes1.gif

Where are you sending her?

ginger
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2005
    thanx digital faerie -near wher ei live is a wolf conversation...... a safe but still rather challenging area....

troy

unfortunately I can't be much help regarding exposures (I always bracket like crazy in situations like that--maybe use a polarizer filter, too?--I'll leave it to the experts) but I did want to say that you're very brave eek7.gif .....even though I know they're probably more scared of you than vice versa but I really cannot wait to see these shots! wolves are soooo beautiful. where are you doing the shoot at?
  • Options
    melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    thanx Ginger - finally somebody understands my humor!!
    for our annivesary im taking her out to dinner, a theatre show and a pedicure....
    troy
    Hey Hey Hey Troy!

You should go back and read Andy's anniversary post. Maybe it wasn't his anniversary? Birthday maybe? I Forgot. But in my next life, I"m coming back as his wife Laughing.gif

COngrats on your 16 years!! I was 12 when yall got married! hahahharolleyes1.gif
    Missy Ü
  • Options
    melissa6631melissa6631 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    thanx digital faerie -near wher ei live is a wolf conversation...... a safe but still rather challenging area....

troy
    Wolves talk?

or is it a conservation? :)

P.s.. I wouldn't pick on you if i didn't "Know" you....:D
    Missy Ü